A Cabin in the Middle of the Mountians

Chapter 1 ~ Ben

My parents brought us for a vacation in the mountains, which are now covered in snow. It's a small town that we came to. It was nice, but not really what I was looking for.

"Oh Jess, isn't it a beautiful scene?" asked my mom.

I shrugged, "I guess, all you can see are mountains."

"But that's what we came here for, the fresh powder, great for skiing." Clyde wasn't a very good convincer, but he's great at steeling hearts. That's the only reason he married my mom. She was one of those people captured by his looks. Only after they married did they start to look at each others personality. They say it's worked out since then, I don't believe it.

"Can I at least have my own room? It benefits for all of us, you two get your privacy and I get to be alone." Still looking at the mountains, I started walking forwards.

"Okay," Clyde agreed, putting his arm around my mom's waist and pulling here closer, "It'll give us more... us time." Mom smiled and giggled at him.

"Please wait until we get into our rooms." I said annoyed. I opened the door to the lodge and stepped in.

I did end up getting my own room; I was even a floor up from them. I was very happy about it. They did have an extra pas key though, and they could call my room whenever they needed.

After I got settled in, I walked down to the lobby. There were only two kids in the room, one was too young and picking their nose like there was no tomorrow. The other one was a girl, looking to be my age, sitting alone in a chair across the room. I crossed the floor to her, bound to make a friend while here.

"Hey, I'm Jessie, mostly known as Jess." I introduced when I came into talking distance.

She looked up to me, "Hi, my name is Lydia, but people call me Laya." She smiled.

"Why are you called that? It's so far from your real name?" I looked at her with a puzzled face.

"People say I look like a Laya, well, mostly Ben." She answered as she shrugged.

"Ben, is he your boyfriend?" I questioned.

"Boyfriend?" She laughed, "I'm single, and Ben is my closest friend. We look at each other as friends, nothing more."

I sat on the arm of the chair. "Well, if you're so close, why aren't you with him?"

"I will be with him, once he gets here. We meet here everyday. Today, it just so happens that we are going to spend the week at the Hills. He just needs to get here with his bag."

I paused, "The Hills? Where would that be? There are only mountains around this town, and they're all really big. None would be even close to a hill."

"It's in a secret place between some mountains. It's a beautiful place, almost, magical." She replied smiling wide.

So many images went through my head, images of beautiful scenery. My creative mind was quickly busy wondering what it would look like. My thoughts were interrupted when someone else started speaking.

"Hello there." said a male voice. Being brought back to reality, I saw a boy with medium arms and unforgettable green eyes. He was looking at me like he was looking at a beautiful piece of art.

"Hey Ben. You finally got here. This is my new friend Jess," she looked from me, to Ben, "but you don't care."

He was looking into my eyes with his amazing eyes. I got a feeling in me, a warm, happy feeling, one I haven't felt in so long.