Chapter Four

Narrator

After The Feast in the Great Hall all the prefects went to attend to the first years to show them where to go. Hermione and Ron sat in common room, in silence until Hermione couldn't bare the question no longer. "Did you tell Harry?" Ron looked at Hermione with a 'are you serious' look "No, I swear I didn't tell Harry anything, no matter how badly I wanted to" Ron made another face, but this face was familiar she had seen it on Hagrid when he spilled too much information. "Ron, why would you want to tell him so badly?" "Just because" "Are you sure, you know we have been together for almost a year and, we have been best friends prior to that I am pretty sure I can tell when you are lying to me" Ron gulped he knew he couldn't lie to Hermione

"I wanted to tell him because your um" "I'm um?" Hermione said getting irritated that Ron wouldn't just tell her already. "Hermione, your the first thing that I have that he doesn't alright!" Ron yelled at Hermione tears began to form in her eyes once again. Has our relationship really been built on the fact that Ron wanted something Harry didn't have? Wait does that mean that Harry has feelings for me? Hermione was confused, but decided to try to understand the situation.

"Ron are you telling me that you don't actually love me that the only reason you are dating me is so that you have something Harry doesn't? What exactly am I to you, your girlfriend? or some sort of prize?" "No Hermione I do love you with all that I have its just I thought Harry fancied you and I thought he would have taken you away from me so when you kissed me back I got super excited and happy not only because I had you, but because I finally had beaten Harry at something."

Ron's confession came as a total shock to Hermione. Does Harry really fancy me or did Ron just think that out of jealousy Ron has always been known to be a little thick headed time in and time out. "Ron why would you want to rub that in Harry's face what if he did actually fancy me? do you know how much you could have broken him? what if you had let it slip in your sleep and Harry found out, but hasn't said a thing because he was so hurt? what if that's the real reason he left he couldn't bear to see us together anymore like Luna said" Hermione was dragged out of her rant when Ron planted a kiss on her lips, she kissed back but only for a brief moment.

"Ron, you can't just solve everything with a kiss!" Hermione yelled at him. "I'm serious what if Harry didn't come back because of us, what if he choose to spend the rest of his life away from the wizarding world because of us? We have to ask Dumbledore where he is at" "Where else would he be Hermione, I don't think the Dursley's want him anymore." "Look Ron either your coming with me or not" "Alright alright geez woman"

Hermione and Ron both walked up to Dumbledore's office Hermione sent her patronus up to let Dumbledore know they were there. A few moments later the gargoyle moved and the couple made their way up the stairs. Hermione knocked on the door and it creaked open. As they entered the room they saw Dumbledore at his chair reading a book as he heard two walk in he looked up.

"Ah, Miss Granger Mr. Weasly I was expecting you both, please have a seat" they both walked over to the chairs and sat down. "Now, how may I help you this fine evening" "Sir, what you said about Harry is it true?" Hermione asked hoping that the headmaster would give her the answer she desired. "Now Miss Granger I can assure you that what I said is true I even have the letter from Mr. Potter himself if you wish to see it" "No, there won't be any need for that" "Very well, now I will say that it did not come as a surprise to me that Harry would not be returning this year" "Why is that?" Ron asked trying to participate in the conversation. "Well Mr. Weasly as you know Sirius died two months ago, and Mr. Black was the closest thing Harry had to a father, this situation has effected Harry so badly that he has yet to open his god father's will." Hermione and Ron's mouths were wide open Dumbledore continued

"And, it doesn't help that his friends the two people he trusted the most did not go after him, and yes I am very much aware that Harry distanced himself a while back, but you two never even made an effort to seek him in his time of need or any time at all for that matter." Hermione's eyes began to fill with tears once more because she knew it was the truth she had been to busy entertaining herself with Ron.

"Do you think there is anyway we can contact him?" "I'm afraid not Miss Granger perhaps at Christmas, but I do not know if Harry wishes to see anyone of the wizarding world even if it is his best friends. In the form Harry wrote his last words on the parchment it seemed as though it pained him to write it there was even tear stains on the parchment" Dumbledore didn't ask if Hermione wanted to see the letter this time he simply pulled it out and gave it to her. Hermione read it an tears came to her once again. "Do you think he will still be at the Dursley's during the holidays?" the young witch asked as she dried her tears. "Perhaps he will be it is all a matter of going there to find out" "Thank you Dumbledore" was all Hermione said as she dragged both her and Ron out of Dumbledore's office.

A Week Before Holiday Break

Harry was in the Forbidden Forest no matter how far he wanted to be from Hogwarts it was necessary he arrive. He had found and destroyed Marvalo Gaunt's Ring and the remaining Horcruxes were located there. Harry had already deduced that he was a Horcrux as well, he had a plan for that already. Harry decided it was time to pay an old headmaster a visit.

Harry once again apparated landing inside Dumbledore's office of course he was under the cloak just incase someone was with Dumbledore, but to Harry's surprise only Dumbledore was there. Harry took off the cloak Dumbledore was reading a book. "Dumbledore" Harry said the headmaster looked up quickly when he heard the voice.

"Harry my boy! What a surprise! How are you?" Harry walked over to give Albus a hug. "I'm alright I guess the search hasn't been that bad actually, it's destroying the Horcruxes that is very tiring physically and emotionally" "What ever do you mean Harry" "Here it is better if I show you" Harry held his wand up to his temple and pulled away extracting a blue essence and pouring it into the pensive.

Dumbledore submerged his face into the device. "I will NEVER love you Harry!" Harry had seen the same thing, but worse when he broke the ring. A few moments later Dumbledore lifted his face and a tear drew from him. He went to hug Harry "No one should have to go through that Harry not even Voldemort himself" Harry began to cry he was happy to be back.

After a few minutes of crying Dumbledore asked "So why have you returned my boy, not that I am not happy to see you because it gives me much joy" "Well two Horcruxes lie here in the castle Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem and Helga Hufflepuff's Cup, I was hoping you could retrieve them for me so I could destroy them" "Well of course I can my boy!." Just then an otter appeared in front of Dumbledore. "Quick Harry under you cloak and stay quite" Harry did as he was told.

A few moments later Hermione walked through the door. Harry was awestruck he hadn't seen Hermione since the 1st of September, but Harry's admiration for Hermione ended quickly when he saw a ring on her finger. "Miss Granger how may I help you?" "Well sir, I was wondering if we could have a wedding here at Hogwarts" Harry's heart broke into a million pieces once again as Hermione spoke those words. She's getting married? Why do I keep on showing up at the wrong time? Harry asked himself as tears came to his eyes.

"Well yes we can have one Hermione, why do you ask?" Just then Hermione lifted her hand and showed off the ring "Ron just proposed and I said yes!" Harry's heart didn't even try to repair itself at this point it was over there was absolutely no hope for her and Harry. Harry didn't bother to stay he apparated away he didn't care if Hermione knew of his location there was no point anymore.