Cantarella Chapter 5: The Stranger

Five years have past since Kaito has visited Miku. Now, they are eighteen years old.  

Miku's POV:

       "Happy Birthday Miku! Wake up sweetie, your birthday ball is today remember?" 

I groan tiredly. "Five more minutes..." I said. "I'm sorry Miku but you have to wake up now your birthday ball is in three hours and you haven't even started eating your breakfast Miku." Mother said. I got up and went into my private bathroom to brush my teeth...then wash my face...and moisturize. Then, I head downstairs and sniff the air...pancakes...and...sniff sniff...AND LEEKS!!! I rush to the dining table and picked the seat in the middle, closest to the door. I stared at my plate desperately for there was two pancakes with a side of leeks lying there sending me highly persuasive message to eat it all up. I pick up the utensils I need for this meal and started gobbling it all up till there was only an empty plate left on the table. Then, I walked upstairs and got my maid, Meiko to put me into one of my most finest dress in my closet, a beautiful black dress with white sashes and ribbons on it. "My my...Miku, Len is very lucky to have you as his future wife. You are so beautiful...you and your angelic face...those beautiful, big, feminine eyes, your long, silky hair, and your modest look and attitude sums it all up into...adorable." Meiko said while tying my hair into two, equal, pigtails. Wait...Len? Future wife? "Thank you but who's Len and why am I engaged to him?" I asked. Meiko's eyes grew wide. "Who's Len? You mean to say you didn't meet him yet?" she asked. I raised my right eyebrow. "No...I didn't." I said. "Well...excuse me for having a talkative personality..." she shook her head "Just be happy that I haven't drank any Sake...yet." she said. When I was all ready, I rushed to my father who was standing next to a tall yellow-haired boy and a girl that looked almost like...his...uhhh...twin. "Father? Who's Len?" I asked. "Why you beat me to it...this is Len Kagamine...our families have worked hard on your marriage arrangement with him and this is Rin...Len's twin." he said. Len bowed while Rin gave a polite curtsy at me.

"But father..."

"But what?"

"How about Kaito?"

"Kaito? Nevermind Kaito...wait...you're still in love with him?"

"Uh-"

"MIKU! YOU'RE ALREADY GETTING MARRIED!"

"Sorry father but Kaito-"

"Kaito this...Kaito that...YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED TO LEN NO MATTER WHAT...END OF CONVERSTATION!

I looked down as father and the twins passed me. Then, I saw a shadowy figure that was quite near the exit door. I walked closer and closer and closer to it till I was able to see a person instead of a figure. The stranger took a step closer to me. It was a tall man with blue hair and a mask that covered most of his face. The man touch the necklace around my neck that Kaito had given me when I was thirteen. I quickly pushed his hand away fearing that he might try and snatch it away from me. The man took my face into the palms of his hand and while that was happening, my cheeks flushed up a color of light pink. "Miku..." he said. I gasped frightfully. "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I said shakily. "Ofcourse...I know everything about you. Why? Have you forgotten me these past years?" he said. My eyes grew wider than they were before...much much wider. "That's it..I'm calling the gaurds to throw you out." I said. I opened my mouth but  before I was able to speak, he kissed me. When he pulled away, he said, "Don't do that...don't you know you will regret it?" he said.  "What are you talking about?" I asked fearfully. "So you did forget me...or do our memories together still exist in your mind?"he replied. Almost everything he said to me meant no sense...or at least I couldn't put my finger on what he meant. He pulled out a blue rose and held it out for me. I politely accepted it. "Thank you...but who are you?" I asked. "How about you try to figure out and I'll tell you when you got it right." he said. He turned around and walked away. "Wait...WAIT!!!" I yelled but he ignored me, making it seem like he didn't hear me. I didn't want to grab his arm...though I am still able to reach out for it, I was scared of what might happen if I did. For now, he's a stranger till I figure out who he is. My older brother Mikuo walked up to me. "Who were you talking to sis?" he asked. "I-I don't know..."I replied. I fell back and he caught me. "Woah are you okay? You looked like you were near to fainting there!" he said. "Yah...it's just...am I just seeing things?" I said. "What?" he replied.

"That blue hair...Kaito...maybe I just miss him."

"Yah...obviously."