(Chapter 3)(the kids)

(Jake's p.o.v)

I was the oldest out of all six kids, now seven that we had Barret, I was 11 years old.

Next was Abby, she was nine. She had black hair and tan skin, she was a mixed kid. Abby arrived at 4 years old to mom and dad, while we were on tour.

Dani was six, he was a Native American boy that dad rescued out of an abusive family. His mother was very grateful to my foster parents. He had long brown hair down to his waist, which mom kept in braids. Dark eyes, he was gonna leur in all the women when he'd get old enough. He was the one I wanted so bad to get adopted.

Heaven, dad named her. Cause of her eyes, they looked like the sky. Dad wanted to keep her. She was 5 years old. Had red hair that was only shoulder length. She had tons of freckles and spunk for days. She was put in mom and dad's mailbox in hope that they would take her in.

Luna Moon, was 4 years old. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, pale skin. She was the baby. Very mystical kid. She was like Luna from Harry Potter honestly. Mom had named her when a gypsy brought her to mom one night at a festival we had attended for dad to play a set. Luna was 1 1/2 then. She was the one most attached to mom and dad, I always believed she'd live with mom and dad, she was a perfect match for them.

Clemintine was 2, I think, it was hard for me to keep up, it was endless screaming. She had dad's brown eyes, mom's auburn hair, a quirky grin and a big amount of confidence for someone so young.

"You ready to go, love?" Mom asked. "Yeah". I say. "oh and guess who's got an adoption interview this week!!" She says hugging me. "Really!" I say excited. "Yeah!" Mom says so excited too. I smiled.

I followed mom into the back room all the kids. "Ah my Luna where are your shoes". Mom says to Luna who was barefooted. "I wanna feel da earf under my fee". She says. Mom smirked. Mom handed me Barret in his carrier. "Hold him for a moment". She says.
She grabbed Luna' s boots out of the shoe cabinet.

We were all in the mom van as dad called it. I watched Barret blink his eyes, looking at everything around him. We were on our way to the store when Luna threw her shoes in the floor. "Ugh Luna, come on". Mom groans. We pulled into the store. "Come on kiddos". Mom says unbuckling herself.
We all got out. I unbuckled Luna and Dani. Abby helped me get Clemintine, and I handed Barret's carrier off to mom. "Thanks bud". Mom says. Luna played with her necklace that matched mom's.

I held onto Dani and Luna's hands. Mom put Clemintine into the cart and then put Barret's carrier in the basket part of the cart. "Here we go". Mom says as we headed into the baby section of the store. "Oh mom check this one out, it's badass". I say. She shook her head. "Your getting more and more like him". She says talking about her husband. I grabbed the crib. Mom looked it over and smiled. "I like it". She says.