Chapter Two

The school day dragged on and on and on. Magnus got through it to lunch. He had heard people talking about a new kid who wore all pink and green. Magnus chuckled to himself, was this kid Cosmo and Wanda?

Magnus sat down at his table, a round thing shoved into the corner for extra seating, and pulled out a book. He was rereading the Harry Potter series from the school library.

He was just to the part with Hermione solving the logic puzzle, one of his favorites and-to be completely honest with himself the movies screwed over Hermione by not putting filming that. He was going to turn the page when he heard a loud banging noise.

His head flew up and looked over.

There, pinned to the wall, was, what only could be, the new kid. The cafeteria wasn't huge so it didn't take Magnus long to cross it. All the while hearing Greg, the blonde from this morning, shouting about the new kid needing to shut his mouth.

Now that Magnus was closer he could make out the curly mess of green hair that tumbled over the new kid's forehead and landed just short of their eyes. Eyes that were two different colors. One like bright Amber, one of the richest chocolate. Eyes that were filled completely with amusement and wicked delight.

The kid was dressed in all green and pink like the rumors said. But what they had failed to mention was the sharp jaw line, high cheekbones, and almost pixe like features. Magnus, seeing the look in the new kid's eyes, almost felt bad for Greg.

The new kid was pinned to the wall by one of Greg's hands around their throat. But the kid had a vice like hold on Greg's wrist. "Don't ever talk to me you litt-" Greg was cut off by his own gasping. The new kid had twisted his wrist, almost far enough to break it but not quite, and was pinning him to the wall.

"Oh you stupid jock. Aren't you all the same?" The kid had the nerve to even sound bored and a bit dissapointed. Then they kicked out Greg's legs so he was on his knees. "Word of advice," the kid tugged Greg's head back by his hair. "don't start shit you can't finish."

Magnus stepped forward and grinned. "Looks like you really met your match Greg." He crouched down by Greg to look him on the eyes. "So it's not just me you have to deal with." Magnus chuckled before standing right back up and meeting the new kid's eyes.

The new kid was looking Magnus over like a new chess piece. "I'm done with you for now." The kid pushed Greg forward and turned to leave.Angus walked back to his table, to be pleasantly surprised when the new kid sat down beside him.

"I'm Magnus, you are?" Magnus flipped open his book and smiled to the new kid.

"Alex." The kid kept their answer short. Alex was still looking at Magnus like they were sure how to treat him. "Ms. Ferrio to my teachers." Alex teased.

"Well, Miss, Greg isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Trust me." Magnus rolled his eyes and sighed. Alex gave a light chuckle. "Been dealing with him for years now."

"How have you kept your brain cells?" Alex joked while crossing her arms. Magnus shrugged and Alex grinned. "Anyone else in this school I should watch out for?" The way she said watch out for made it clear that she was not too worried about this school.

"Yeah, a guy named Loki." Magnus rolled his eyes. "He is a big shot rich guy, and lives up to his name. A snake that ruins people until they move, but as long as you don't piss him off you're good." Honestly Magnus had only met the guy a few times, he was a senior but never had any classes with Magnus. Somehow.

Alex nodded but seemed to let it drop. She just opened up her sack lunch and bit into the Pb&J sandwich.

Turns out Magnus had sixth period math with Alex, along with seventh period history. When Magnus sat down in the back of the class for math he was expecting the three people who came in, Halfborn, Mallory, and TJ, but not Alex.

Halfborn was this really tall guy who was built like a pro wrestler but had the brain of a PhD student of everything known to man. Mallory was his on-again-off-again girlfriend, she was short with a huge frizzy mess of red hair to go with her green eyes and freckled face. She had a temper like a short-wicked bomb and an accent that was still very thick after living in New York since she was ten.

Both of them were sort-of friends with Magnus. Meaning they hung out at school, in the classes they had together, and left each other alone after that. TJ was 'friends' with Magnus because he felt bad about Magnus always saving him.

Mallory and Halfborn sat next to each other, right in front of Magnus. Now the desks in this class were sets of two, so Magnus was expecting TJ to walk in and take the seat next to him. What he got were a pair of rose high-tops propped up beside him and a green haired girl grinning at him.

When TJ walked in a second later he looked like a deer caught in headlights. Butches recovered in time to sit at the desk beside Mallory where a boy with golden hair sat.

Magnus raised an eyebrow at Alex. Alex grinned and chewed on a piece of gum before answering, "I can stand you. Better that than risk wringing someone's neck, Maggie." Alex winked and Magnus chuckled.

"Nice to know that I'm on the 'can stand' list." Magnus joked as he felt Mallory and Halfborn's eyes turn to them. "Mallory, Halfborn, meet Alex. She's new here." Mallory and Halfborn looked at each other in confusion. "Alex meet Mallory and Halfborn."