Strengthened

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD! GUYS I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRYYYYYY!!! IT'S BEEN WEEKS AND I JUST... I'D BEEN BUSY WITH LIFE AND THEN THE LAST 2 EPISODES HAPPENED AND I JUST... 

I CAN'T SAY I SURVIVED THE FINALE...

Chapter Text

Dean pulled out the demon knife from the lifeless body at his feet and stood straight, not letting his guard down.

“Crowley?”

Dean called and didn’t even blink as the king of hell appeared by his side.

“You got it?” he asked staring the short vessel down.

“Of course I did.” Came the British accent and Crowley handed him the ugly blade. Dean didn't mention that he had felt the blade getting closer to him or that he felt better than he had in years as soon as he touched the weapon.

He felt calm and powerful. Irresistible. And best of all he could care less that Sam didn’t love him. he didn't feel like he wanted  to end his own life.

He felt distanced, as if he was given a new perspective.

He now understood how the good of many really did outweigh the good of a few.

So what if a few people died if it meant the others could live happily.

He closed his right hand around the blade and suddenly the whole world was blank to his eyes. All he saw was the blade and his mission. 

He had a knight of hell to kill and he would kill anything that stood in his way.

“Dean!” he didn’t so much as jumped when a deep voice started behind him and turned to face Castiel, the blade still tight in his grip.

“Castiel.” He stared at the angel. He wasn’t going to be a problem. He tilted his head staring at the angel and he didn’t feel anything.

Castiel took his hand and stared at the red mark there.

“What have you done?”

“It’s a mean to an end!” Dean growled under his breath, pulling his hand free.

“Dammit Dean!” Castiel looked really concerned. Huh. NOW they cared. And they didn’t care about him. No. they cared about the world and what he was capable of doing to it now.

He looked at Cas rolling his eyes.

“Look, you find heaven, you drop a dime. Mean time, I got a night to kill.”

Castiel looked at him in a way he had never seen before. As if he was… disgusted. Wow. That’s really reach.

“Drop the blade Dean.” Castiel ordered.

Dean smirked.

“Why?”

Now he was giving him this funny look, as if he was expecting Dean to find something there and just drop the blade. It was a little funny.

“Dean…”

“Castiel, I suggest you leave.” Dean said and wanted to laugh as he saw the hurt come to the angel’s eyes.

There was a whoosh of wings and Castiel disappeared.

Dean turned to Crowley.

“Find the bitch.”

Then he let go of the blade and took it with his left hand, feeling the calm leave his body.

He knew Crowley had left.