Chapter 3: I missed you so much!

Y/N's POV

I woke up earlier than everyone and was a bit shocked when I did. I woke up cuddling Newt! I barely even know the guy...I probably just moved around in my sleep, yea that's what happened.

I checked on Winston, he was getting worse. But I thought that he was put inside the maze because he was immune? There's no way WICKED could have put him in the maze on accident, right? I decided to just look around.

Teresa woke up and walked to me," Hey Harper. Watcha doing up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep I guess," I replied.

We talked for a few minutes to get to know each other.

*Later on, we moved more and Winston is getting worse*

"Where are we going again?" Frypan asked.

"To a rebel group against WICKED, its called the Right Arm," Aris said pointing to the mountains," Thomas and I heard Janson talking about them."

*More walking*

We decided to take a break for a couple minutes, but then there was a gun shot.

"He just woke up and grabbed a gun trying to shoot himself," Frypan explained, pointing at Winston.

Winston was going to turn into a crank soon and he knew what he had to do. He begged us to give him the gun, saying how he didn't want to become a crank.

Newt took the gun from Frypan and gave it to Winston," Thank you."

We left him there and as we were about a mile away, we heard it. Winston had shot himself.

*Even more walking*

I yelled to everyone as they got up," THERE'S A BUILDING WE CAN MAKE IT THERE BUT WE HAVE TO BE QUICK, THE LIGHTNING STORM CAN KILL US IF WE DON'T GET A MOVE ON!"

We all started walking to the building. Before we could enter, Minho had gotten struck by lightning. We went back to help him and when we got into the building and told him what happened, he laughed and said," Cool!"

Not paying attention, a crank tried to attack us, luckily it was chained up. More cranks started to appear, also chained up. A girl walked from a doorway on the other side," I see you've met our guard dogs, you guys look horrible. Well come on, unless you wanna stay with them."

Following her I noticed something, it was Brenda! Out of nowhere I hugged her.

"Wha- Y/N?! Is it really you?I missed you so much!" she said as she finally saw me.

I nodded while the boys and Teresa looked surprised. "Guys this is my close friend, Brenda."

We were brought to a room, my face lit up as I saw Jorge. "Jorge! It's me Y/N!" I said giving him a hug.

"Ah! Y/N, long time no see... you brought friends.." he said looking at them with a stern look on his face.

Suddenly some men grabbed them and he took a weird scanner thing. He pointed it at the back of their necks. Jorge looked at them grinning," These kids are from WICKED, which means their very valuable."

The men took them away as I tried to stop them but someone hit me, knocking me cold.

Newt's POV

"Uh guys, are you hanging upside down too?" I asked glancing. "Where's Y/N?"

The guy named Jorge appeared," Oh Y/N's with Brenda asleep right now. So where are you guys going?"

"To the Right Arm." Thomas said.

Jorge chuckled and just left us there. I needed to get back to Y/N. I might not know her very well, but I think I love her... I know it sound cliché as most people would say. I just have this connection with her. I think - no I KNOW I know her from somewhere.

Y/N's POV

I woke up. Brenda gestured me to follow her, I did so.

Jorge was packing some things but stopped when Brenda came saying," Going somewhere?"

"Yes, we all are, you, Y/N, and me." he replied.

Before he could say anything else I interrupted," We can't leave without my friends, please Jorge."

" Y/N, we have to turn your friends in. We won't get in trouble then. You're lucky I haven't told anyone that your Janson's daughter." he said, packing things again.

I suddenly heard gun shots. Oh no! It's WICKED, they found us and if I get caught, dad will lock me up forever!

A light shined into the room making the three of us turn.

"Good evening, this is the World in Catastrophe Kill zone Department. We are here to take our escaped WICKED fugitives, and my daughter, Y/N." Dad said.

Newt's POV

We finally got untied and back to the surface. We heard a gun cock and all turned around.

The gun was pointed at Thomas, "W-we're not trying to cause any trouble, we just want to get out of here."

"Is that so?" the man with the gun said grinning, into a walkie talkie he said, "Janson I got them for you, except your daughter, but I know where she is." Not Harper! 

Thomas rammed him making him mad. He was ready to shoot Thomas. We heard a gun shot, thinking it was Thomas who got shot. It was actually the man. When he fell over we saw Brenda and Harper.

As soon as I saw her, I ran and kissed her forehead, " Love your alright! Oh u-um sorry about that," I said trying to hide my red cheeks. She nodded saying nothing.

"C'mon let's go," Brenda said and we followed.

Music suddenly went off in the entire building. Confusing everyone. We ran up the stairs seeing Jorge. He opened a window that had a rope tied from one side to another.

"Follow me!" he said as he left everyone going after him.

Y/N's POV

Brenda, Thomas, and I were the last ones in the building while Brenda went back to get something,

"Brenda! Where you going?!" I asked coming with her.

She grabbed something in a drawer and just as we were going back, the WICKED guards were on our tails. Brenda shot at them as Thomas and I ran away, her behind us.

The music stopped as we were almost out, the building started exploding and falling apart. We jumped down a hole and were trapped as the rubble covered one of the only exits.

"You wanna stay here or are you gonna help me with this?" Brenda said trying to lift something up.

I helped her and when it opened, we jumped in. "What's this?" I asked

"A crank tunnel, just be careful and we won't see any cranks," Brenda replied.

A rat came out of nowhere, scaring the three of us. We watched it go until somethibg grabbed it, and ate it.

"Run! There's cranks," Thomas said.

"Really? We didn't know, thanks Captain Obvious."

"Now is not the time Brenda - c'mon let's climb these stairs!"

Out of nowhere a crank attacked Brenda making her fall onto glass.