Thirteen

Betty was ready, at least she wanted to be ready. She knew she had to go back someday and that 'someday' had arrived. She called Veronica up and told her the news.

*Ring Ring*

Veronica: Hey B how you doing?

Betty: I think I'm ready to come back v.

Veronica: OMG REALLY

Betty: yes, and I'd like you to tell Jughead and Kevin everything...

Veronica: Are you sure you want to do that? I mean they will be pretty upset with you.

Betty: Yes I'm sure V, I'm just packing a few things and then my Auntie said she cold drive me there, I'll be there with in the next 4-5 hours, it is a long trip.

Veronica: Okay, I'm going to let you go now, I can't wait to see you in person, I've missed you.

Betty: I've missed you tooooo B, ily, byeeee.

*** 

Soon enough Betty was ready to leave, she packed up all the things she brought with her and then her and her auntie jumped in the car and the engine started.

Before I knew it we were off.

***

Veronica had the hard job of telling Kevin and Jughead now. She called Kevin over to Jugheads dorm, because Jughead wouldn't leave his dorm and on the way to his dorm, Veronica began to think about what she would say.

She didn't even bother knocking when she reached the door, she walked in to see a depressed Kevin slumped on the couch. He pointed to Jugheads bedroom door, signaling he was in there. Veronica told Kevin to come in, she needed to talk to both of them.

'What the fuck do you want Veronica' Jughead growled.

'Its about..Betty' Veronica sighed.

Immediately the mood in the room changed, the three hadn't talked about Betty's 'suicide' once, so it was a big shot when they heard the words leave Veronica's mouth.

'What about it, that you miss her so so much and you wish we could have her back, WELL GUESS WHAT, WE ALL DO, SHE WAS MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND I LOVED HER SO MUCH AND NOW SHE IS GONE, I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING NON STOP, CRYING EVERY TIME I'M ALONE, WE ALL MISS HER AND WE DON'T NEED YOU COMPLAINING AND REMINDING US ABOUT IT' Kevin broke, his heart shattered into pieces and everything he had been hiding poured out from deep in him. His eyes filled with tears as his head crashed into Veronica's shoulder, raining tears onto them.

They were never going to forgive her for what she was about to say, her or Betty, but it was what Betty needed and if what Betty did made her feel better, she would have to live with the two hating her. Veronica decided to just say it.

'Betty didn't kill herself' She burst out.

'WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN' Jughead screamed.

'Calm down, please, let me explain first' Veronica cried.

'Betty needed to leave town for a while, she was so upset that she just needed to feel free of the pain for a while, make herself better, so she decided to leave and fake her suicide, I've been in contact with her and she is fine. She begged me not to tell anyone..but..but she is coming back. She wants you to know she is sorry and is coming back' 

Kevin stood up without a second thought and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Jughead just cried, Veronica couldn't tell if it was with joy anger or sadness, but they were passionate tears. You could tell he really cared about Betty.

All of a sudden the door of the dorm opened.

And in walked Betty.

Back from her 'break'