35: The Perfect World

Smoke

After I awoke, I spent the rest of the week in hospital, getting visits from Cloudy, all my friends, Sandra and even a few from the little girl I saved and her mother. After that small amount of hospital time, I checked out, I still had to use crutches for at least a few more weeks because my leg was still in a bad condition, but everything else, my ribs, my arms and even my burns, it was all healed. I had the option to get a bit of time off School but I decided to refuse and go anyway, of course, Cloudy and everyone else were there to help me if I needed it.

Out of all that time, there was always 1 thing on my mind, it stuck to me and haunted me ever since I awoke.

My "dreamland".

24th of August, 2016

I stand on a beach, still in my school uniform and holding myself up by crutches as I stare out into the ocean. The only thoughts I have are those still lingering from my coma dream.

"What's wrong, Smokey?" Cloudy asks, moving to stand beside me, breaking my concentration.

I feel something under my eye, I quickly rub it away, feeling that it's a tear.

"I umm" I start but not knowing exactly what to say "well, where do I begin" I say as I shakily sit down in the sand, Cloudy copies while keeping her gaze fixed on me.

"While I was in a coma, I ... I had a sort of dream, but it didn't feel like a dream, and it felt a lot longer then just a few months, about 10 years actually" I slightly chuckle on the final part.

Cloudy's look goes to one of pure interest.

"What about?" She asks, pointing to herself. I sigh, finding it talk about it

"I umm, I was dreaming about a perfect life ... With you" I say, feeling a little warm in the face.

After hearing that, Cloudy lets loose a smile

"can't stop thinking about me, even when your in a coma" she laughs. I laugh with her before adding to her joke

"so it seems", we stop before another question gets thrown at me.

"so, how was perfect? I mean, what was it like?" She asks, scooting closer and cuddling up to me as we both look toward the wide, blue sea, I wrap my tail around her as she.

"You'll laugh if I tell you everything" I explain, Cloudy squeezes my tail

"and you wont get your tail back if you don't so weigh out your options" she jokes, grinning playfully. 

"no, please, anything but the tail, I guess I have no choice then" I chuckle with Cloudy. I think very carefully about how I word the next few things before I can say before I start.

I figure out what I'm gonna say and I choose each word carefully

"well, we were married, we had a little 10 year old wolf, Alex and you were just about due for a second child" I explain, blushing a little however, keeping my view to the ocean for a second. The reaction I get was the reaction I expected I was going to get, cute laughter. I keep my smile and view as I wait for Cloudy to finally stop.

"Finished?" I ask playfully, she looks at me

"yeah, but can I just say, that it's adorable?" she asks before kissing me on the cheek.

"Good, and yes you may, but it's not as adorable as your laugh" I say before getting a gentle punch in the shoulder "get on with it already" Cloudy says, pressing me to continue my recollection of my dream. I decide to give her what she wants moments after.

"We lived somewhere else, but it was pretty similar, we had a good view of the beach, our son always went down and played by the water in his free time and I'd sit up at our back porch, watching him as I had a glass of Lemon, Lime and Bitters" I explain, looking back out to the sea "you were usually inside, drawing for people who commissioned art from you or you would be eating weird foods, I guess that's probably the pregnancy that did that though" I add.

"What kinds of food?" I get asked, I shutter a little at the thought

"grapes, tuna and vegemite was one of the things I think I remember" I say, clearly showing mild disgust but still smiling

"eww, gross! Vegemite is bad enough" the fox says as she burst out laughing. I chuckle before continuing

"you usually came out to check on us every once in a while, and in the evenings, we'd all sit out and look at the stars, on Fridays, I'd do a barbecues and light a small fire in an old barrel" I finish with warm thoughts.

Cloudy keeps one arm wrapped around my tail as she uses her other arm to wrap around my back and hold my side

"we can still have that life, those barbecues, our little Alex and possibly, Alisa, even our beach house and ... horrible pregnancy cravings" she explains with hope, laughing at the last point. I hold her tight, that's what you told me before. We stay seated, watching as the sunsets, we even go all cliche and make out on the beach for a bit.

After some time, I check my Sphone 4, the time reads 17:22.

"Shit, we better get back now, Sandra will not be happy if I get back late, I don't think your mum will be either" I say as I try to get up. Cloudy stands up before me and helps me to my feet.

Cloudy helps clear off the sand from my pants before cleaning off hers.

"Shall we, miss Adams?" I elegantly ask,

"oh, we shall, mr Greypaw" Cloudy accepts, making us both chuckle as we make our way off the beach and up to the bus stop. After today, I feel a tremendous weight lift off my chest, the talk we had was something that I REALLY needed ever since I woke up,

The talk we had has freed me and helped me realise,

this is my perfect world, and I would NEVER trade it for anything.