Prolog PT. 1

None of the art displayed in this story belongs to me, nor do I know the original artists. If you do, please tell me so I can credit them.

Also, I changed Lance's personality a bit. He isn't too flirty anymore, he occasionally flirts with others, but it's not an everyday-thing.

🔵 + 🔴 = 💜

Lance)
Paper is what I work with, it's all I need to be happy. Well that, a pencil, a Polaroid, and a bunch of film.

I'm Lance, a collage student in a photography major, I could only pay for this opportunity with the money I made with my amateur photography business, and a job at a diner that I had since I was sixteen.

This is a very important detail in this story,  I'm bi. I've only had a single relationship and it was with a man— well... let's just say it was terrible... you will get to hear it if you continue reading.

My life can be pretty fucked up, but it's still kind of enjoyable. My best friends, Pidge and Hunk, are always creating back stories for random people who step into the diner, 'The Five Paladins', and sometimes she scares people off, which got her in trouble with our boss, Shiro, five times this month, it's only the tenth.

-

Pidge pointed towards a boy with a mullet wearing a red sweater that said Red Paladin. "That boy right there, he is an absolute ladies man! He grew up in Chicago, and he was a big shot while he was growing up!! But then he just realized that he likes boys, and he only had sex with girls because he wanted to deny it. He told his parents and they didn't accept him, so he ran away and managed to get to Florida— Lance, why are you drawing him? That's kinda creepy, man!" Pidge looked at my nearly finished drawing, I was drawing him before Pidge even noticed him.

I quickly closed my sketch book, "Shut up Pidge.. I don't want people to think 'The Five Paladins' is a place full of creeps, Shiro would kill me!" "We all know how scary Shiro can be!" Hunk said as he put two chocolate chip pancakes onto a plate. Pidge scoffed, "Shiro loves you, Hunk, he thinks you're an angel. You don't even know what it's like when he's pissed off!! I don't even know!! And I scare away customers left and right!! No one knows what he's like!! Shiro doesn't get mad at us!! He's never gone to his full extent, Hunk!" I nodded, "I agree with Pidge, and nobody wants to get a man with a robotic arm angry. He was in the army, Hunk!"

Shiro was apart of the army, he got his arm cut off when he was captured by a group of terrorists called the Galra. Pidges dad and brother were in the army, too.

I wonder if the mullet is related to Shiro.. they look a tiny bit similar.

"Lance.. you're staring at the gentleman with the mullet.." I swiftly turned around, and saw a waitress named Allura. "Allura, you scared me half-to-death!"

"Sorry about scaring you, Lance. But on a separate note, can you fill in for me?" Allura asked, she usually doesn't ask people to fill in for her, so I'm guessing it's for something very important. "Okay.. I was supposed to start working in an hour, but I'll still fill in for you." Allura thanked me.

Allura, Shiro, and I are the only waiters, we all go along Pidge and Hunk's shifts, mostly because we only have one chef and one dishwasher. We are trying to work on that.

Shiro is pretty sick right now, so that would make Allura in charge.. and since she left.. That means I'm in charge! I laughed manically making Pidge, Hunk, and a few patrons stare at me oddly, including mullet man.

"Uh... Lance... you're scaring everyone off. Just... go do your job." Pidge muttered.

Keith)
All I need in life is my stories. I swear, I could just stay in a diner for hours, with only my laptop to keep me company.

I was staring out the window, watching as each rain drop splashed down onto the window. I wanted to cry when I realized I had to travel to Shiro's house in that.

I heard somebody clear their throat, trying to get my attention. I turned my head around and saw an attractive guy. I looked at his name tag: 'Lance McClain'. "Welcome to 'The Five Paladins', can I get you anything?" The server asked. I asked him if I could get some coffee and looked back out the window.

I realized it stared to rain even more, and I internally sobbed, I HAVE TO WALK IN THAT!

Lance)
"Nobody ever knows what life can bring, so make sure you can hit it head on, no matter how dangerous it may be. You only live once." -Lance McClain, Paper Crowns.

There are only two people in the diner, one of them are about to leave. The other only wanted a coffee.

While Hunk was making the coffee, Pidge took my sketchbook. She was flipping through it until she found the picture of the guy with the mullet. Pidge picked my sketchbook up to show Hunk, I reached out to get the small sketchbook, I only could get a few pages, I ended up ripping them out of the book.... but there was still photographs that were in there that fell everywhere.

"Oh, gosh, I'm sorry Lance! I just wanted to show Hunk the drawing." Pidge said, she got on her hands and knee's and helped me pick them up.

That's when mullet man made his appearance

Prolog— Part one complete.