Two

I'm re-writing this bc im really fuukin bad writing.

Keith)
If Keith died, his grave stone would say, "A fucking icon. May this beautiful edge lord rest in pieces!"

The next few days were spent helping me unpack. Shiro then suggested I should work at the diner so I could get work experience, and so I could save up for my own place when I was ready to get back onto my feet.

So here we are, at the diner. I'm a waiter since I suck at cooking and washing dishes.

Even though it wasn't his shift, Lance was sitting in the kitchen of the small diner. He was drawing and talking to Pidge as she did the dishes.

I was exhausted. I've been running around the packed diner and taking orders from people and giving them to hunk. There has been multiple children spilling their chocolate milk and I'm just... tired. How Lance has done this for 8 years I have no clue.

I sit down for a second, trying to catch my breath.

"Ya need help?" Lance asked, he saw how exhausted I looked.

"I can't, you'll be doing work that I get the money for." I looked up at Lance.

"It'll be fine. Besides, I know most peoples orders, and splitting the work in half is a lot easier than doing the whole diner. Sure it's a small place, but it's hard to do until you're used to it." Lance tied the work apron around his waist as he spoke. He was already wearing his uniform.

Lance stood up. "C'mon, you get the booths and I'll get the tables."

Lance grabbed his note pad and started taking orders.

I feel like I'll have to pay Lance back for this.

I go around waiting on tables until my shifts over, I realize this is when Lance's shift actually starts.

I start taking orders again, Lance walks over to me. "Hey Keith, your shift just ended." He said, the girls who I was ordering looked at Lance in awe.

I guess they find him attractive.

"I know. I just don't want to owe you for helping me." I grumbled.

"Sorry about that, do you know what you want or you you still need some more time?" I asked, Lance looked surprised I was still working. I felt exhausted still just doing the booths. Lance just went back to doing his tables and I went back to doing mine.

After a few hours, the diner finally closed and I I sat down at a booth, I laid down on the seat, a groan escaping my lips.

Pidge was still washing a butt load of dishes. The two other workers helped her even though they looked tired too.

I stood up, despite my feet aching and the idea I could've been home hours ago asleep in my bed dancing in my head.

I headed over to the group and help them wash the dishes. We all had a decent pile to do so it took about thirty minutes just to wash and then we had to dry them.

Pidge's phone went off. She dried her hands off and looked at it. "Oh. My mom wants me home. Hunk, she told me that your mom wants you back too. Will you two be okay here alone?" She asked, looking at Lance and me.

"Yeah. We'll just clean the dishes and then leave. No biggie." Lance said.

Little did we both know, Pidge's friend just texted her saying that he wasn't going to be in school for the next week because of a wedding in Japan his family is going to and asked her to take notes for him. Well, we learn that after this whole story.

Lance and I clean and dried the dishes without a word for a few minutes. Then Lance accidentally splashed me with water, making me splash him back.

This lead into a whole water fight. We forgot about the dishes.

We were spraying each other with the sink faucets for about five hours until Shiro became worried that we died or something and walked into the diner.

"Keith, Lance, what are you doing?" Shiro asked. He scared us, we each let go of the faucets and they went back into place.

Water was dripping from our clothes and Shiro stood there. We didn't say a word.

"I asked you two a question." Shiro said. His arms were crossed.

"We were.. uhh.. doing the dishes." Lance said in a awkward tone.

"For over five hours?" Shiro raised an eyebrow.

"What it's been that long!?" I asked loudly. I checked his phone. It was 3:23 am. The diner closed at 9:00.

The diner opened at 6:00 am.

I groaned loudly. I would have about two hours of sleep that night.

I'm going to have a rough day tomorrow.

——

HEY YALL!!!

HAPPY SEASON 7!!!

I'm posting this in the honor of it, don't worry you will have one Monday.

I wrote a lot

Like a lot