chapter 12

song- So here we arebyGordi

by
Gordi

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott glances at the vertical container, his eyes shifting to Lydia, waiting for her to answer.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive." She explains, her gaze shifting around, her eyes then locking on the death trap in front of her.

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia cocks an eyebrow, not quite understanding the plan.

"Well, for starters, your heart rate will slow down, almost to a point where you're dead, and then you'll have access to your memories, it's almost like being hypnotised." I explain, Malia nodding as she purses her lips into a thin line, not looking very fond of the idea.

"Hypnotic regression." Lydia nods, "that is if we can figure out how to work it."

Malia scans the device, her eyes skimming over to the side, "this says start, so maybe it's not that complicated." Her eyes lock on a green button, start written in bold letters as I raise my eyebrows, inspecting the machine, taking in the different dials and pipes.

"It's complicated." Scott objects, sighing slightly, his eyes calculating the machine.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." Scott tells us, my mind wandering to Mister Stilinski and Liam, hoping they'll be safe and not get captured by the Wild Hunt.

Scott moves forward, pulling the lever as the door opens, revealing a space just fit enough for a body.

Without hesitation, Scott pulls his shirt over his head, Malia stepping forward as she pushes the start button on the side, it making a whizzing sound.

I give Scott a smile, silently telling him to be careful as he nods, getting inside of the machine, his facial expression giving away that he's nervous.

Lydia steps forward, closing the door to the maching, "remember, this'll get cold enough to kill you, so if something feels wrong, or like it's not working-"

"It's going to work." Scott cuts her short, "I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing." Her words put me slightly on edge, though I push away the uneasiness.

"I'm saying that, because I know you," his eyes meet mine for a brief second, "and Lilly can figure it out."

Lydia nods, her eyes skimming over to me, "turn those three dials to the left." She orders, me complying as I do as told, Lydia also turning her dials to the left and within a matter of seconds, cold steam fills the container, Scott taking in a shaky breath.