chapter 20

Song- Panic RoombyNightcore

Song- Panic Room
by
Nightcore

Stiles gently lifts me by my waist, placing me on steel table in Deaton's vet.

"Stiles, I'm fine." He rolls his eyes, starting to inspect the big gash on my forehead, which I have no idea as to how I got it.

"You're clearly not fine, you were freaking captured by hunters and I didn't even know."

   Stiles told me that he received a text from me saying that I was safely at my destination, which was Harvard, however I never send the message, but one of the hunters must've gotten my phone and had to be smart enough to pull something like this off.

     "It wasn't your fault." I place my hand on his cheek, gently, memontarily stopping him from inspecting my wounds.

His brown eyes are filled with guilt and I can only offer him a smile, pressing my lips against his in a soft kiss.

After breaking the kiss, I straighten myself, mentally preparing for the answers that I'm about to receive.

"Listen, baby, I'm fine, I really am, I just need you to tell me what in the hell is going on in Beacon Hills and how did you end up here?"

Stiles sighs, running a hand through his short-ish hair.

"I rescued Derek from getting killed by the FBI," he starts, "we then returned to Beacon Hills, where everyone has gone mad. Basically, everyone wants to kill the supernaturals and Gerard and Monroe, they've started an army of hunters."

Holy shit. This is much more intense than what I had expected.

"And then, there's this thing, called the Anuk-ite. It basically uses your deepest fears against you and if you look at it, you turn to stone."

   "So, that's why Scott asked you to grab the Mountain Ash from the Armoury where Jackson and I were held hostage? Because he thinks it'll kill him?"

Stiles nods.

"Then why aren't we by Scott's side?"

"Because you got hurt, and-"

"and I'll heal, but now, we need to help Scott."

With a sigh, Stiles knows I have a valid point and in a matter of minutes, we are on our way to Beacon Hills High, where all the Supernatural crap seems to occur.

▪▪▪

Barging through the school doors, Stiles and I scurry to get to the library, supposedly that's where Scott and the Anuk-ite is.

Stiles has the bottle of mountain ash clutched tightly in his hands as we dash down the hall, finally coming close to the library.

Stiles is the first to barge through the double doors of the library, me following suit as I almost choke, coming eye to eye with the most ugliest supernatural creature I've ever seen.

The Anuk-ite looks like the devil itself, with glowing purple eyes and tattered, red skin. It's pure horror.

Stiles doesn't waste another second, throwing the bottle of mountain ash, glass splattering as the black substance envelopes the Anuk-ite, turning it to stone.

I move my gaze to Scott McCall, my hand covering my mouth as I notice the dried blood on his cheeks, it being from his eyes.

Scott must've clawed his eyes out to be able to fight the Anuk-ite.

"Oh my god." I whisper, Stiles and I hurrying over to his side, helping him sit on the steps of the library.

Soon, Lydia and Derek, who gave me a nod as a 'hi, I've returned after leaving for several months'.

And soon, Malia bursts through the door, kneeling besides Scott.

"Scott?" She places a gentle hand on his shoulder, "he's not healing." She concludes, her eyes wide as she inspects his injuries.

"What happened to your eyes?"

"I had to, I'm sorry." His voice is full of sadness, and I can't help my heart from breaking.

Scott has been my best friend since day 1, and the sight of him hurting is terrible.

"Scott, you have to heal. If your eyes stay like this much longer the damage will be permanent." Derek states the hard facts, me gripping Stiles hand tightly.

"Come on Scott, concentrate."

    "Scott, you can do this, just concentrate." I tell him, pleading that he'll heal.

"I'm trying, it's just not working. I can't focus."

"Hey, hey!" Malia places both of her hands on Scott's cheeks, "look at me, yes you can. Just concentrate."

"I can't, I can't do it." Scott is on the verge of tears, his voice cracking.

"Yes you can. Scott, please just look at me."

I gaze at Stiles and I's interwined hands, my eyes traveling to his face as an idea forms in my head.

This situation, with Malia and Scott, it reminds me of the time when Stiles had a panic attack and I was the one who helped him.

"Malia, kiss him. Kiss Scott."

"What?"

"Just do it, Malia, kiss him."

It's obvious that Malia and Scott care deeply for each other, as I've noticed in this short time span, and I know, that with her kissing him, he'll focus and he'll heal.
Malia doesn't waste another second, pressing her lips against Scott's and when she pulls away, Scott opens his healed eyes.

They immediately kiss one another again and I can't help but smile at our victory

We survived, against the Anuk-ite, against hunters and against our own demons.

We didn't survive on our own. We survived as a pack.

The McCall pack.

▪▪▪

a/n

I'll be writing an epilogue, which would be the last chapter.

hope you guys enjoyed!