Chapter 13-family emotion

Acceptance aesthetic^-swipe for the song
________________________________

{Ethan's POV}

The rest of the school day was good. My friends loved josh, but none knew we were more than friends yet, and I planned for it to stay that way.

Well at least until my mom and sister know. Speaking of which tonight is the night I tell my mom.

I walk with josh to the spot my mom picks me up and we depart him heading home, me waiting for my ride.

My mom pulls up to the curb 2 minutes later. I hope In to the front my sister in the back.

We head home and do our normal routine. I finish off the little bits of homework I have left then help Lacey do hers.

Then it's around 5:30 so mom makes supper, which is roast tonight. I sit at the island we have In our kitchen reading a book while Lacey colours beside me.

I set up the table with plates and such and we all sit down. Mom at the head of the table Lacey across from me.

We aren't a formal family, not posh or fancy. But supper has always been more of a catch up talk time so we usually discuss important matters here.

My palms start to sweat, I know I have to tell them and I'm running out of time if I want to go as planned as mom is almost finished her helping of supper.

I sort of blank out and end up staring off into space deep in thought. That is until I hear the dishes clank and see Lacey getting ready to wash all the dishes.

I scrape off the rest of my plate, because my appetite is long gone. Then I head to to shower.

When I get out is 7:12. I dry off and get into comfier clothes when mom calls me into the living room. Shaking I walk down the hall towards my destination.

Mom is sitting on the couch, and I know what this means. She wants to have real talk time. It's this thing in my house where if the parents think somethings up they will call you into the living room till you confess what's wrong.

I try hide my shaking as mom says " Eth what's up?" "Nothing mom I'm fine really" "come on I know when you're lying you've always been terrible at it" she chuckles.

After 15 minutes of one end interrogation she finally backs off but only with my word saying I'll tell her when I'm ready. I can tell she wants to know what's bothering me but I just can't bring myself to confess.

I have no idea why though, I know she will be accepting, my mom loves me with every inch of her being and I know she will be okay with it.

———————————😰———————————

*next day*

I meet up with josh at the place my mom drops me off at. He's smiling a goofy smile I go up to home and wave by to my mom as she drives off towards her work.

Josh grabs my chin and pulls me into a kiss, it's quick but no matter how long it lasts my stomach erupts with butterfly's every time without fail.

"So did you tell her?"

"I couldn't, I really tried but I chickened out" I say feeling disappointed.

He notices the look on my face and pulls my head up facing him. "It's okay I was nervous at one point to admit it too"

"I really don't believe that" I say laughing. How can a man like josh ever be nervous about anything he's so care free, I wish I was like him but I'm to much of an over thinker .

"What if I can't do it, what if I'm to soft!"

" hey there's bravery in being soft! And I believe in you, you'll tell people then your ready and if that takes minutes hours day months years I'll be with you no matter what."

It was very sappy but compared to my speech yesterday I can't talk. He pulls me into a warm embrace.

"Don't feel like you have to rush into things with me."

We walk to school, I wish I could hold his hand walking there but it would make it pretty damn obvious that I'm not hetero if I do that.

———————————👬———————————

*after school- at the dinner table*

I'm going to do it I'm gonna man up and tell them. I mean they deserve to know.

I gather up all my courage which isn't saying a lot and clear my throat.

"I-I umm have to tell you both something"

Getting their attention they now look at me.

" I uhhh kinda uhh umm like..."

Breathing out a sigh I say it

"I like guys"

"Is that it" Lacey says.

I am dumbfounded. This is not what I expected.

"Ethan I know, I've known for years, I could tell since you've never talked about or even had a girlfriend once. I mean in 5th grade you ran to me crying because Nancy Puller kissed you're cheek."

" but thank you for telling me"

She smiles and holds my hand.

"Now who is he"

"What are you talking about"

" the boy, theres obviously a reason you decided to tell me now. So who is this boy who has earned my sons affection?"

" josh, josh raven"

"The new kid? He's gay"

"Yea, were kind of a unofficial thing. And yes he is gay."

"Called it" Lacey announced

I rolled my eyes but was really happy my family accepted me, not including my dad who knows when I'll tell him. Now I just have to tell my friends. I know exactly who to tell first, the question is how.

________________________________

HEY ITS CADEN

ANOTHER KIND OF LONG CHAPTER

THIS ONE IS TO KIND OF GET TO KNOW ETHANS FAMILY I BUT BETTER AND IS ONLY FROM IS POV

BTW IF I EVER USE TEXT SLANG BESIDES IN AUTHORS NOTES I GIVE MY FRIENDS PERMISSION TO SLAP ME!

ANYWAYS COMMENT IF THERES ANY MISTAKES

AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT

UNTIL NEXT TIME