2

Zack and Lisa were in his car, driving to Zack's house to study, but Lisa really wanted a milkshake so they stopped by the Max on the way. They entered the Max talking about their project. They take a seat on separate sides of the booth. They were talking when Kelly came up to them, it was subtle, but Lisa could see the change in her demeanor from a mile away, "The usual?" Kelly asked the two in front of her, "Yeah, thanks," Lisa's answer was short and simple. Kelly walked away to get their food, Lisa stole a glance at Zack, "Lover boy, are you ok?" She was genuinely concerned for Zack, "Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, but he knew Lisa could see right through him, it wasn't even a second more before he told Lisa what was going on, well the premise of it at least. He knew if there was anyone he could trust and confide in, it was Lisa. "I'll tell you more at my house, promise," he held out his pinky and Lisa took it in her, "Sure, lover boy." They finished their meal and got back in the car, and drive to Zack's house. They entered his home and we're greeted by Mr. Morris, "Well hello, Lisa," he said as she smiled at him. Lisa glanced up at Zack, "I'll be up in a minute Lisa," he said prompting her to go up to his room. Zack watched as she walked away, before looking at his dad, "I see her more than I see your "girlfriend" Zack," Derrik said about his son's "girlfriend" Kelly Kapowski. "Well maybe I like when Lisa's here, and plus we're studying," he told his dad, and was about to go to his room, Zack's dad grabbed him by the sleeve, "You finished that sentence to quickly, what else are you going to do with her?" Zack's dad questioned. "We're going to talk about something that's been on my mind for a while," Zack told his dad truthfully, "Well why haven't I heard it?" His dad asked his son, "Because dad, you're not Lisa Turtle," and with that Zack was up to his room.

Lisa was reclining on his bed, one of his jackets pulled over her, Zack chuckled before going to jump on Lisa, he landed smack on top of her, Zack was in a fit of laughter, "Man, Zack, how much do you weigh?" She asked, through a laugh, looking up at her friend who was still on top of her, though he had raised himself up, now hovering above her. He couldn't really tell if Lisa's breath had picked up or if it stopped completely. After some silence, they both just smiled, "Doofus!" Lisa remarked, running a hand through his soft curls, and resting it on his face. "Talk to me," she said. Zack let himself fall and rest his head on her stomach, her hand finding it's way back to his curls. "Well, you know how much I wanted to be with Kelly," he started, "And, when I finally got her, I was so blinded by love that I didn't see everything that was happening in front of me, she was consistently playing with my heart, but of course everytime she did it, I would just let her back in, an pretend she didn't completely break my heart, and now we're technically dating, but it doesn't feel right, I don't kiss her, don't hug her, or anything like that, it just doesn't feel right, and now thinking back on it, I never really felt anything when we used to do all this mushy stuff. I guess she was always just a fantasy, and once I got that fantasy, I lost sight of wat was important, I felt like I lost a part of myself," Zack paused for a second, "I've just been trying to define myself, because up until now, I was just Kelly Kapowski's little toy," he finished what he had to say. "I wish I could disagree with you Zack," Lisa told Zack, before grabbing his hand and caressing it with her thumb. They'd had a couple talks about it in the past, all ending up in Lisa thinking Kelly wasn't right for Zack. "I just feel so stupid you know I don't know why I let it go on for so long," Zack beat himself up over it. "Hormones, angst, a lot of things, you can't blame yourself for it, she was Bayside's golden girl, it was bound to happen," Lisa told Zack, "That's the thing Lis, I could've found someone new that was more beautiful than Kelly to obsess over, because if I'm being honest, I always thought you were more beautiful, but I already had you, so I didn't have to fawn over you," Zack admitted to Lisa. "Really, Zack?" She questioned, there was something in her, that didn't believe that, though she knew Zack wouldn't lie to her. Zack turned over on his stomach and looked up at her, "I may not say it often, but you're the most beautiful person I've ever met, and I hope you always remember that," he said staring at his best friend, "Awww, you're blushing again," Zack cheekily smiled at Lisa, before she buried her face in his jacket. He laughed, before pulling the jacket down, "Don't Lisa, I like your face," he told his blushing friend, she giggled, "I like your face too," she reach out and softly touched it, "Ok, Zack, I think it's time to study," she said to the blonde headed boy in her lap. "Just ruin the moment why don't you Lis," he joked. "Can you please remove yourself so I can grab my book, please and thank you," she asked, "But you're comfortable," Zack whined burying his head into her stomach. Lisa giggled as Zack pouted. "I'll move, but as soon as you get your book, I'm going to come right back to this position," he groaned rolling off of her. She reached to grab her book out of her backpack so they could discuss the project. Just as he said, when she grabbed her book, he rolled back over onto her. "What am I going to do with you Zack Morris."