Training

The next few days, Amber and I try to settle in. The gems are gracious enough to let me sleep on their couch, though Steven tried to insist I take his bed while he took the couch. Which was kind of him, of course. But I wouldn't allow it.

Every morning consisted of Steven and I taking turns with the bathroom, sitting down together for breakfast, and talking for a bit before Pearl took him for his training. She says I'll start soon, but she wants to make sure I'm settled beforehand.

I finally met Connie my second day living there. She's a nice girl. Smart, caring, pretty. She has a very determined spirit to her. And Garnet was right. She and I soon became good friends.

After a week and a half, Pearl finally let's me go to training with them. The first day, I'm just going to watch, get a sense of it. On the second day, I'll start training with Pearl while Garnet and Amethyst work with Steven and Connie. Peridot and Lapis having gone back to the barn.

I train hard for months, quickly getting down almost every move and strategy I'm taught. Jade always did say I was a fast learner. But this was different. This wasn't math or World History. This was something I was good at and cared about. This was something that I knew would be of some use. To help keep those I love safe. Unlike before.

Jade and Toury did train me in self defense. But it was nothing like this. This was warrior training.

And I could not wait to use it.

A/N: Sorry it's so short 😖 But I knew I had to give y'all something. It does lead up nicely to what I'm planning on next though 😏 So enjoy! 💜💜

Oooh, also. I have HUGE NEWS!! My girlfriend proposed!! So I'm getting married! I can't wait!!!!! Uuuuuugghhh

Anyway... Love y'all! Byee~