Fireflies {Rin x Gumi}

Rated PG-13 for strong language. No lemony content of any kind is located in this work of fiction.

Rin Kagamine came home, went up to her room, and laid down on her bed. She stared up at the ceiling, dazed, not even moving the strand of golden hair that currently sat on her face, blocking out most of the vision in her left eye. "What am I even doing?" she thought. She tried to move her arm, but at this moment, movement was impossible. Rin didn't blink, didn't twitch, didn't move a muscle. She wasn't even sure if she was breathing. Probably wasn't. She felt so lifeless, so digital, so fake, so dead. "Come on, body, move! Oh god, move!" she thought, trying to move.

"Hey Rin, you're back!" Len, her twin brother, who shared the same golden hair and crystal blue eyes, appeared in the doorway. There was no response from the younger of the two. "Rin? Are you asleep?"

"What the hell, body?! Talk. Yeah. I'm fine, Len, now go eat a banana. (A/N: Yes, she means a literal banana, the fruit. Not...the other meaning. As we all know, Len likes bananas (still the fruit.))" Rin thought to herself angrily.

"RIN! RIN!" Len rushed over to his twin's bedside and gently felt her forehead. It was cold as ice. He rested his ear on her chest. Her heart wasn't beating, nor were her lungs breathing in air. He let out a bloodcurdling scream. "RIN!" He scooped up his twin sister in his arms and dashed out of the house. He placed her in the back seat of their car, before hopping into the driver's seat and starting the engine.

"Oh my gosh...why? Just, why? Damned body won't fucking move..." Rin thought as Len sped to the hospital. Before long, Len arrived at the large building, running to the ER with his motionless sister.

Rin was immediately put on life support and the doctor, Piko Utatane, had entered the room, a colorful room with lights so bright, they'd make you barf. "Well, her diagnosis is OH GODDAMMIT WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE LIGHTS?! They don't match the mysterious and suspicious role I'm supposed to fit in this fanfiction!" He wheeled across the room on his rolling stool, turned the light dial down almost all the way, and returned to Len. "Well, her diagnosis is major euphoria." (A/N: Piko is often incorrect.)

"Euphoria?! Um...no way. Unh uh." Rin scoffed in her head. If she could roll her eyes, she probably would.