Pick Your Battles //Kingbury

AN: I'm kind of getting attached to this ship. High school AU. Also a quick break from Lams.

Samuel Seabury was a fair student. His grades were good, his social standing wasn't awful, but there was a small problem.

Presenting my first OC: Travis Unrath.

That kid was someone easily overlooked by all but the vulnerable ones, such as Samuel, and Travis liked to meet kids in dark places so he could taunt them. He was so quiet in class, with his white hair and his fake smile, that the teachers called him an "overlooked prodigy in most respects".

Travis, in truth, was only good at throwing punches.

And that was the peculiar situation that Samuel found himself in after classes one day. He was cornered behind the football field, alone and without a means of defending himself, when Travis and his gang approached.

"Hey, Sammy,"

"Travis," Samuel said coldly.

"Aww, don't be that way. We just came here to talk," Travis made a wide gesture to the three boys behind him. "I want your notes from all you classes. And you have one week to design a way for me to....keep them with me at the test,"

"I won't help you cheat, Travis," It was a rare show of bravado for Samuel.

"Oh, really? We could settle for something else then," Travis started to turn as if he was going to leave, then spun rapidly to slam his fist into Samuel's cheek.

Samuel was thrown against the fence by the force of it, and he felt the metal digging into his back as he struggled to maintain consciousness.

"Will you give it to me now?"

"Never," Samuel croaked out, then braced himself for another hit.

It never came. When Samuel cracked open his eyes, there was another young man standing between him and Travis. The man took a long drag on his cigarette, then flicked it to the ground and crushed it under his foot.

"Travis, what is the meaning of this?" He said coolly.

Travis started to stutter helplessly and that was when Samuel realized it. This was George King, in all his ripped jean glory, come to rescue him.

"Travis, leave now," George said.

Travis regained composure. "You don't give commands to me, King. I'm not one of the people you've enslaved. Not like this little shit behind you,"

Samuel looked fearfully up at George and bit his lip. George's face bent into a faint reassuring smile and then he turned back to Travis. "Then he is mine. You have five seconds to get away from us,"

"Or what?"

George threw a punch, hard and unexpected, directly at Travis's jaw. Travis stumbled and fell to the ground, and his goons leapt into action. George threw punch after punch until he was practically beating Travis into the mud, then watched as the four kids retreated towards the school building. Satisfied, George turned back to Samuel, and offered his hand down to the boy.

Samuel took it tentatively and let George help him up.

"Well, Samuel, would you like me to take you back to my place? I could get your face patched up,"

Samuel hadn't even felt the trickle of blood running down his cheek until George mentioned it. "You don't have to, sir,"

"Sir? That's far too formal. You can call me George. I hear you're one of my admirers,"

"Yes. You're very intelligent," Samuel found himself growing increasingly nervous.

"You aren't so bad yourself. I've heard you speak in front of crowds,"

Samuel blushed. "Thank you,"

George offered his arm. "Now, come with me. I'll get your face cleaned up, and then it can revert to its natural beauty,"

Samuel gasped and stared.

"W-what? Did I say that out loud?"

Samuel nodded, opened his mouth to respond, then closed it again.

"Oh, sorry, I mean, I don't, I'm not," George couldn't manage a whole sentence.

Samuel paused for a moment, considering, then asked, "You're gay, right?"

George nodded slowly.

Samuel pressed forward and connected his lips with George's, taking in the scent of the other man's clothes. George instantly wrapped his arms around Samuel's waist, pulling him close and returning the kiss with vigor.

Samuel pulled away and sighed. "Just another one of your subjects, my King,"

"No, Samuel, I think you're special. You're my favorite subject, and I hope you'll agree to be mine. I'll keep you safe from the outsiders." George growled slightly. "Damn Travis, we can stay someplace together, surrounded by our kingdom. How does 'prince' sound?"

Samuel looked taken aback but nodded eagerly. "Yes, King, I'll do anything for you,"

"This is ours, then," George took Samuel's hand and held it to his own chest. "You're mine, and no one can hurt you,"

Samuel nodded and pressed another kiss to George's cheek, causing the taller man to turn a shade of pink. Samuel chuckled at the reaction, then motioned up the road. "Shall we go, my King?"

"Of course, Prince," George kissed the top of Samuel's head and pulled him up the street, their intertwined fingers swinging merrily between them.

AN: wow I really do like this ship. I need more requests, guys, or I won't be able to update every day. Shoot me anything, I'll write a story. I will also use any OCs that you send to me, I just created Travis for this specific chapter. With love and democracy,

Wolf
(905 words)