Chapter 1: The Favour

"Hello little brother~" Mephisto said as he entered into the throne room.

"Hello Mephisto, what is it that you want?" He replied, Mephisto's face switched to a frown "why I'm offended brother, what would make you think I was up to anything?"

"When aren't you up to something?" With a raised eyebrow the younger sibling replied to the demon. Soon after Mephisto's face contorted into a cocky grin "ahh~you know me so well and when did you get so serious now, you are starting to sound like Yukio". It was then Rin's turn for a cocky grin to appear on his face "well what can I say after his constant nagging and after I became official prince of Gehanna I developed this personality, it's charming isn't it?" the teen replied back. Mephisto in return gave rin an emotionless face ad if to say 'your kidding yourself right?'.

Rin barked out a laugh "okay I get it I can still be very childish, even now" as mephisto looked more accepting of the answer. Rin's face then went back to his regal composer "no but really Mephisto what is it that you really came here for?", Mephisto sighed but his eyes went up to meet the other half demon's eyes. Mephisto's composer soon went more rigged as the atmosphere became more tense. "Rin I need to ask a favour" with that question the younger demon was thrown off, leaving the heavy atmosphere with a startled Rin left in his seat. Composing himself, Rin's face went back to his regal postion "what could you possibly need that you would ask me, unless your up to no good again" he said as his eyes narrowed at the older demon.

Once again the elder brother sighed "no Rin I'm not this time" Mephisto said with a smile "I need your assistance for an old friend that wants a half demon to help with a problem". Rin once again looked confused " why a half demon and why me?" Mephisto looked at Rin "one, because where you need to go he needs someone who has morals but wields great power such as yourself and two, because I know you won't fail" he replied to Rin with a smirk.

It was then Rin's turn to sigh "okay fine I'll help, who is this old 'friend' you are talking about?" Mephisto smiled "his name is Clockwork, he's the master of time". Rin's looked shocked "but wait aren't you the demon king of time and space though?" Mephisto laughed at this comment "ah yes, but Clockwork is a ghost and not a king, he only governs the time stream, although he's not under my rule I can still persuade him, so through this we found common interests and became what you would call friends". Rin sat there for a minute contemplating with a bit of doubt on his face "so tell me what this Clockwork needs of me" mephisto grins " all you have to do is find the  king of the realm known as the Ghost Zone and create an alliance between both ghosts and demons". Rin frowned at this "Mephisto there is more, isn't there?" The elder demon's grin only grew at the statement "there is, I'm impressed you figured that out but if I told you about it, the adventure wouldn't be as fun, now would it?". Rin just sat there looking at the demon "...okay I'll still do this only because I'm trying to be a better king and expand my defense, besides things around the kingdom are starting to get boring anyways" Rin said making the other demon even more delighted with the young half demon's answer.

"Great! You will leave right away!~" Mephisto said gleefully, while Rin in the other hand looked shocked once again. "What!? But I have stuff that I need to attend to!" Rin shouted jumping our of his thrown chair, but Mephisto had only ignored him as he lifted his cane and pointed it at Rin. "Eins, Zwei, Drei!" Soon after a large dark swirling purple portal appeared beneath Rin, as he fell "Don't worry Rin I'll take care of everything while your gone!~" mephisto yelled back at Rin while he fell to the oblivion of darkness. Leaving his half brother to fall through into the dark abis, all while Rin could feel the constant pressure of the pulling sensation of his intire body, before his mind could no longer take the pressure as it over whelmed him into unconsciousness.

Rin's eyes slowly started to flutter open as he regain consciousness, "what the hell, where am I?" He said as he looked around him trying to adjust to the bright light. Only for Rin to notice he was no longer in his thrown room but was laying on grass in the middle of what looked to be a forest. As he looked around more, Rin's mind finally caught up to his predicament. Anger soon fueled his body "damn you mephisto, what the hell is wrong with you!" The half demon was left a heaving mess as he tried to calm himself down. "Okay, okay calm down *sigh*...now since I'm in what looks like a forest I should probably find a way out of here, where ever here is".

Standing up from the ground Rin brushed the dirt off himself, lifting his head up Rin smelled the air 'hmm I smell humans close by...and something else...it smells kinda like a demon but not quite'. Looking at the direction of the smell Rin starts making his way through the thick trees of the forest. Thirty minutes past before he made it to a road that held had a giant sign outside of a fairly small town (WELCOME TO AMITY PARK) "well looks like this is where the smell of the humans and what ever the other thing is coming from".
To be continued...

Thank you all for reading my first chapter to my first fanfic! Next chapter should be about Rin meeting Danny and his friends, until next time!~♡ the word count is 1015 words