Breathe. It may be the last chance you get.

A/N :: Hey here's a throwback. Calliope Carter, Elijah Wayne and Solomon Strauss. A day in the life of the Bronman Pack (of idiots and well mannered ladies). Yes I know I haven't gotten this far in that story. Yes this will at some point if I ever get back into writing Breathe be in the story. Now hush your thoughts and questions. On with the chaos.

Of course this is what those two idiots would wake me up with. Can they stop arguing for ten minutes? They probably dream about fighting too. Good lord you would think that eventually they would run out of things to argue about.

"Will you morons shut up for a grand total of five minutes so I can get out of bed and not have to kill you both?" This was grating on my nerves. They need to get along or find themselves other sleeping arrangements.

They looked at me like I had a second head. Okay. That's it. They've done it this time.

"Solomon Keenan Strauss you will act like a pleasant human being towards Eli or I swear to whatever higher power will listen that I will make other sleeping arrangements for you, and don't give me that look. I woke up considering double homicide. I would like to wake up for one goddamned morning and not have to listen to the two of you knaw the other ones' head off. Honestly, you are pack alpha and you refuse to act like it. Lose the tough guy act. I'm tired of all of this. I would like for the two most important people in my life to get along, even if it's just an act." I'm just so tired of all of this. Of the testosterone fest. I don't know what it is about this time of the year but I'm about ready to skin both of them and be the first Omega leader of a pack. Solomon knelt before me in a rare act of submission, understanding where he stood at the moment and that was all it took before I rounded on Elijah.

"And you, Elijah Daniel Wayne. You are no better. You know better than almost anyone else how I feel about conflict in the home and the pointless arguments you two idiots have. You will act just as Solomon has to, as a pleasant human being. I am done with the arguments, all the tension and angst the two of you seem to be harboring. I will not tolerate this in my home, in my nest. You will get along or I will kick the both of you out of this room for an indefinite period of time. Is that understood?"

There were muttered agreements as Elijah followed Solomon's example and knelt. They slowly rose as I walked off towards the ensuite bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I spent the rest of the day in meetings, not only about the addition of new members to the pack, but plans to expand the building. Solomon spoke only when he had to, deferring most of the questions to me, leaving larger portions of the decisions upon my plate. Neither of my idiots could manage to look me in the eyes and neither had spoken much all day. This is absolutely ridiculous. They aren't children. I will not back down from my resolutions to appease their apparently fragile pride. I love them both dearly but I cannot live with them at odds. It causes more strain on my life than either seems to realize. My vision is rather blurry? Odd. Perhaps I'm just tired. Nothing to worry over. Back to the meeting. We're going to be going over the initial drafting of the addition with the architect. I need to focus.

"Cal? Are you doing alright? You look a little woozy there."

"I'm fine Jai. Really. I'm just a little lighthe-" My world went blurry before I fell out of my chair, blacking out.

I swear if this is how I wake up again on the same day, with the two of them bickering I'm going to feed them to the wolves. Literally.

"J.J?! Come on. Let us in. We fucked up. We get it. Let us at least see her. She smells different Jai. Please. We need to see her." The two of them sounded like they were trying to knock the door off its hinges as they spoke in some strange coordination.

"Jai? What's happening?"

She spun around from her place at the sink to look towards me. We were in my room then. Good.

"Oh thank god you're finally awake. You passed out during the meeting a couple hours ago. I'm still not sure why. I think that whatever the boys are doing that is stressing you out is causing more problems than normal. I've half a mind to keep them both locked out for the next millennia."

I chuckled, though it felt coarser than normal.

"Let them in Jai. I think they'll cause more damage locked out there than they would even dare in here."

She glanced back at me, obviously wary.

"Whatever you want Cal. If they start causing trouble I'm just a call away." She opened the door, pushing both of the frantic men out of her way in the process before walking away, threatening them accordingly before taking her eyes off of them. As soon as she was out of sight they came barreling into the room, closing the battered door behind them. They were rambling as they laid down in bed with me, apologizing, and promising not to fight like that again. And that was how the day ended for the three of us, curled up together in bed, exhausted, but also more in touch with the others than we had started the day.