Chapter 8: That's A Lot of Backstory

*Y/n POV*

As Blake, Yang, and I left the arena, they were pestering me with questions.

"What did you mean, your kids?"

"Who is that blonde girl?"

"Why are you not telling us?"

"Girls, girls." I said, holding my hands up to stop them, "I'll tell you the answers when we get to the infirmary."

"Why not now?" Yang asked.

"Because I don't want to repeat myself to everyone."

We made it to the infirmary and went in to see Darkrai on a bed, hooked up to a few machines. I then got pushed to the wall, as Neo burst into the room, straight to Darkrai's side.

"Don't worry, he's fine." Cresselia said, getting up from the chair she was sitting in. "I merely knock him out."

Neo looked at her, clearly pissed, so I got between the two. "Now, now, there's no need to fight here."

They both sat back down, Cresselia in her seat and Neo right next to Darkrai. At that moment, Ruby and Weiss came into the room. "What's wrong? We heard about a fight." Weiss said, clearly worried.

"Don't worry about it Weiss, my kids were just having a little sibling rivalry."

"Wait, your kids?!" Everyone said, except Neo, cause you know, she's mute.

"Yes, I created both Darkrai and Cresselia."

"Who's Cresselia?" Ruby asked.

"That would be me." Cresselia said, "Pleasure to meet all of you."

"Okay, so can someone explain why Darkrai is knocked out?" Weiss said.

"Yes, he and I were having a little fight, and I may have done some serious damage."

"I think I should start explaining now." I said, keeping everyone from fighting.

"The story starts oh...40 or 50 thousand years ago. I was just floating around the Distortion World, bored as always. So, I thought, 'Why not take a page out of my brother's book, and create life?' So I took all the negative energy I could, and created Darkrai, the Deity of Nightmares. I knew Arceus wouldn't approve of having a Deity of Nightmares without good dreams, so I created Cresselia, the Deity of Good Dreams."

"Okay, but why?" Yang asked, "I don't really understand."

"I was bored. Anyway, those two kids started to fight, like, all the time. They never stopped. So, I sent Cresselia to Arceus, so that he could train her, while I kept Darkrai with me. I trained Darkrai, made sure he knew what his job was, and he left the Distortion World to bring nightmares to humans. Eventually, he met back up with his sister and let's just say, it wasn't a happy reunion. Both Arceus and I had to break up the fight, and Arceus sent Darkrai to the Nightmare Realm. Though, he did allow him to visit me, and continue to give nightmares to humans though."

"Well," Blake said, amazed, "That's a crazy story."

"Yeah. " Yang said.

"Well, it's getting late, so we should probably see Cresselia of and go to bed." I said.

"Yes, Arceus will be getting worried if I do not return soon."

"Oh, I'm sorry you can't stick around a little longer." Ruby said.

"Don't worry, I feel I will be back soon."

We all went outside, going to the courtyard, where Cresselia opened up a portal. She turned back to us and said, "Well, goodbye for now."

She pulled me into a hug, "I love you Dad."

"I love you too, Cresselia."

She was about to walk into the portal, when she turned back to us and said, "Miss Yang and Miss Blake, please take care of my dad, he can be a bit troublesome at times, but he means well."

They all started laughing, and I just flipped her off and went back to the dorm. While I was in the hallway, Blake and Yang caught up to me and kissed me on the cheek, "Good night Y/n."

"Good night girls, sleep well."

I entered my dorm, and fell into bed, instantly asleep.