29

(A/n:Don't play the song above yet)
I sat down at the island counter as Joce handed me a cup of hot chocolate. I thanked her and then began explaining myself. "I honestly didn't mean to hurt him," I said as I finished my story. By now, I had a few tears, but that was expected.

"I'm so sorry, y/n/n," she said as she walked around the counter and gave me a hug from my seat. This is one of the few times she was the same height as me.

"You can stay here as long as you want," she said as she let go from the hug and looked in my eyes with her hands on my shoulders.

"I was planning to, anyway." I chuckled. She laughed too and then led me to a guest room so I could get settled in. I had no idea how long I'd be staying, but I knew I had to get away for a while.

I sat on my bed looking through my phone and realized I was bored, so me and Jocelyn went out for ice cream.

~~~three and a half weeks later~~~
I woke up and stumbled into the kitchen where I lazily made myself some waffles and sat at the island counter to eat. I was hiding from my problems, but I don't give a fuck.

Jocelyn came out in her pajamas and looked almost disappointed when she saw me, but I would be too.

"Don't you think it's time to go back home?" She was being completely honest, which was something I both loved and hated about her.

"I want to, but I think it is. I'll leave in two days okay?" I sighed, not wanting to even think about seeing Nash. It'll be even worse because he'll think I'm a coward for leaving.

She smiled sweetly before beginning to make a waffle for herself. I was about to say something before my phone went off, signaling I got a text.

(A/n: ignore the time) once I saw that he wanted to visit, I was ecstatic

(A/n: ignore the time) once I saw that he wanted to visit, I was ecstatic. It instantly brought me out of my gloomy mood. I texted him back letting him know he could come over on Friday and I'd pick him up from the airport.

Now, I had a safety net so I won't have to face Nash alone. Plus, I'll get to hang out with my best friend.

I hopped up and ran past Jocelyn, to my room after putting my plate in the sink.
"Where are you going," Joce asked.

"I finally have motivation to stop being a potato!" I shouted as I ran into my room.

Of course I still had feelings for Nash, I just know he doesn't.

After throwing on a hoodie and some tights, I began throwing all of my belongings back into my suitcase. "Shit!" I said, remembering I had missed almost a whole month of schoolwork. Ah well.

I finally zipped up my suitcase and walked it over to the living room where Jocelyn was on the couch watching Jane the virgin with her coffee. "I'm out. Thanks for letting me stay here," I said and then gave her a hug.