Chapter 6 Safehouse

"This place is beautiful," I said, looking at the space like architecture. Nadia didn't even look at anything. She just followed Rida all the way the the intersection.

Everybody trailed behind Rida and Nadia at the front of the line. I fell back with Jane and Firrelol.

"Why isn't Nadia surprised?" I ask.

"Nadia," Firrelol said, "was born here. She lived here since she was seven. We all did,"

"Why did you leave?" Jane asked.

"We didn't leave," Firrelol said, "We were kicked out,".

______________________________________________________________________________________

As we went farther and farther away from the city, Corurbe's ugly began to show through. The houses turned into tin roof shacks. All the way to the very end of the city's borders; Necdivitias. The poorest of all the city.

In this little suberb, over 15,000 people were living in poverty. Unfortunatly, our hideout was here.

We walked along a road that slowly turned from cement to glavel, from gravel to dirt. Along wired fences, there were sunburnt dandilions and dying blades of stringy grass.

"We are getting close, everybody," Rida said. We all kept walking for ten minuutes. House after house, there were dogs barking and the wind would carry those sound for miles, it seemed.

Rida stopped in his tracks, along did everyone else.

"We are here," He called out. There was a barbed wire fence and a small opening in the front. It opened up to another dying lawn and many dirt patches. Bowls and dishes were spawled all over the yard.

"Rida!" We all swiveled our heads and looked over to see a small little boy at about the age of ten or eleven.

"Rida you are back! I missed you!" The boy said.

"Do you know who that is?" Jane asked Firrelol. He looked at Jane and gave her a look.

"How in the Hell would I know who that is?" Firrelol yelled.

Rida turned back over toward us. He had a familiar smile on his face that showed he was happy to be home. "This is my little brother, Fortim." Rida said. He looked over to is brother and smiled. He put his arm around his and held his close.

We all took occasional glances at the small home. Many of us were unimpressed. I wasn't reallt expecting anything better than this. Rida begun to walk towards the house, we set his long blade at the front of the doorless doorway. The home was small, no bigger than that of the train.

There was a tin roof held up by road sign poles. I was told that the pots and buckets around the house were to catch rain water. There was a cellar outside that kept all food that they had. Under the roof, there was bulap that covered the ground and other sheets to make a place to sleep. Pillows were piled in the corner along with extra clothes.

Two sides of the house were lined with stained sheets that were said to be taken down at night and replaced with misquito nets.The other two had scrap fencing bolted into the ground. One girl was sitting on a bolt uncomfertably.

The other sat on a small, folded sheet. Their hair was each black as oil and was put to a thick braid. Rida intoduced us, "Ethel, Zayn, Liam, Niall, Louis, Harry, Adela, Firrelol, Jane, these are my sisters, Cora and Belaam. And this is my brother, Fortim, as you already know.

Another woman walked into the room. She was much older than his sisters, perhaps their mother.

"Rida," Her jaw was stiff and sharp, "what have you done?"