4

I sat at the front of the building, noticing there was only one car left. I've been sat here for a while. Only five boys have come in and out since that woman thought she could be a rude being. 'I bet she's a witch.' I thought to myself, then nodded. 'Definitely a witch.'

I heard laughing and then I saw that boy walk over to me. "Talking to yourself can't be a good sign, y'know." I smiled, then looked at the road.

"Sorry. Didn't realize I was talking aloud." I retorted.

"So, you don't have a ride?" He asked.

"None of your business." I spat.

"Friendly, hey?" I let a grin appear on my face.

"What do you want?"

"I'll give you a ride."

"What?" I thought aloud. "No! No. I don't even know you for crying out loud!"

"C'mon. It's the least I could do. I'll even do it for free."

"Hell, I don't even know your name." I yelled, letting out a cautioned laugh.

"It's Jack. Jack Avery." He said, extending an arm for me.

I rolled my eyes. "Hannah. Hannah Sterling." I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

"What brings you out here so far out in the middle of no where, Hannah?" He had a smile in his eyes, a cheeky one, too.

"Look, I'll take that offer for a ride, but that doesn't mean I'm telling you my story."

"Great. That's all I was wanting to do." He answered back.