~two~

20th January 1988

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost. – Unknown.

Dear Diary,

The weekend that just passed saw me venturing to the Hamptons. Still cold, the weather did nothing to sway my mood. The one thing the weekend did provide was an opportunity for a face-to-face discussion with Lucas, a chance to confront him. He proved once and for all that his is simply a money and status hungry ass. Part of me is sad that I wasted so much of my life on someone like him, while the other half of me is happy, happy for the good times and happy he is now out of my life. As you can imagine my mother is over the moon with our decision to end our relationship. She couldn't be happier... *note the sarcasm.

The insufferable woman locked herself in the master suite of my parents' holiday mansion. It saw me spending time, for the first time in a long time, with my father. The man who raised me, or should I say the man who paid someone else to raise me. We had a surprisingly pleasant conversation. He told me he knew all along about my real major and I was surprised he hasn't told mum. The old man talked to me about his business, the family business. I noticed he seemed happier when he was talking about the business. He sounded fulfilled, he-

"You're in the way." Jane is interrupted, an unfamiliar voice tearing her from P's thoughts. She looks up to find one of those god-like guys that she saw at the coffee shop two weeks ago. She pulls the ear buds out of her ears and stares at him with her eyes wide.

"W-What?"

"You're in the way." He says again slowly as though he is talking to a child.

Jane looks at the god and then at the books next to her with the obscure titles.

"S-Sorry!" Jane stutters fumbling with her books and phone, somehow she manages to pull herself out of the way.

"Are you an anthro major?"

"Huh?"

"You're in the anthropology section."

"Ahh..."

Those titles make way more sense now.

"So are you?"

"No, Law. This is just my spot. You know, to study. Everywhere else is either too loud or too quiet or just creepy. So I-" Jane cuts herself off. An embarrassed blush crosses her face after her ramble.

God you are an idiot Jane! It is like you have never seen a hot guy before.

Hot?

Uh yeah! He is smokin'

Who the hell talks like that?

He probably thinks you are an idiot.

You should have realised it was the anthro section after all that was P's major.

"Should I come back?" Mr. God interrupts her yet again, smirking down at the brunette. "You look like you are battling with yourself there."

"N-No. Sorry I'll just be going." Jane clings her books to her chest. "Uh bye."

"I'm Noah."

Jane quickly shoves her books into her shoulder bag before spinning on her heels, her eyes wide with confusion.

"This is the part where you say your name." Noah says with a smirk.

"J-Jane."

"I should apologise for the other day."