Chapter 17- I'm

Its been a week since being in this small town and I love it. I got a job at a deli that I can easily walk to from my apartment. I haven't seen Calum since that day after the cafe. He seemed to just disappear whenever I try to look for him.

Sighing, I get up from the ocean shore and start on my way to my job. Once I get there I wave to the manager and she waves back. Ms. Bell, my boss, is a sweet old lady who comes in with cookies almost every day. I head to the back and put my bag in the small locker they gave me. Putting on my apron and soon getting to work on wiping the tables.

Getting up early everyday now so I can get the longest shifts to pay bills without having to use all the money my mother have given me, it has taken a toll for not being use to walk around and wiping so much. I get a glass of water and chug it down, the deli seems to have people never stop coming in.

"Hey Olivia." someone says quietly behind me. I slowly turn around to see Calum standing there sheepishly. I smile at him ready to apologize about everything but he holds his hand up. "I understand if you don't want to talk to me or be anywhere near me- let me finish please" he says when I try to cut him off.

"But you looked lonely and I thought you could use a friend or at least a buddy. I get it now-" I cut him off with his sad speech. "Calum, I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry for what I said and how I acted. If you still want to be, I would gladly want to be your friend still or buddies if you prefer." I say, playing with my fingers nervously.

Calum looks at me with a straight face and slowly turns into a smile. I start to smile with him, we probably look like idiots staring at each other with huge smiles on our faces. "I accept your apology buddy." I smile and then look around me and realize that I am still working. "Okay. I have to get back to work now." I sat, pointing behind me to all the customers looking a bit irritated.

Calum nods but before I can go he grabs my arm, I stiffen slightly until he lets me go. "Lets hang out after your shift, what time does it end? I can pick you up from here and we could hang out." he says quickly, knowing I am in a rush to get back to work. "around 8, so in a couple of hours." I tell him and he smiles his bright smile again. "Okay Olivia, see you then, don't forget." I nod and start to get back to work. I see Calum leave, waving bye to me, I wave back.

Right on the dot at 8, Calum slowly drives up in a pure black mustang all while smirking and bobbing his head at me. I laugh and shake my head at his silliness. "nice car." I compliment him. Calum gets out of the car and smirks at me, "thanks" he says, still bobbing his head.

He leans back, I suppose to lean on the car but misses completely and falls over on his back. I hold in my laugh at his shrill scream and go over to help him. "Are you okay?" I ask. Calum quickly gets up and brushes him self up. when he looks back to me i see a slight blush on his cheeks, he mumbles a yeah.

"lets get going shall we." he says and opens my door for me. I get in and he closes my door. I see him walking around the car shaking his head, seeming to talk to himself. Once Calum gets in and starts the car do I ask where we are going. He smiled over at me, seemingly to long because the car started to curve.

By the time we got to the destination, I didn't even look where we are, I got out of the car as fast as possible. Hugging the ground, I hear a huff beside me to see Calum there pouting, "It wasn't that bad." he says, shrugging his shoulder like it didn't matter that I almost died with how badly he drives.

I stand up to see that we are at an aquarium and that its closed. I look at Calum confused and he just smirks at me. "come on." he says, taking my hand and pulling me to the door. "Calum. what are you doing? lets just go somewhere else." I whisper, tugging on his hand.