Chapter 18: Triggered Memories

Look! I drew Errol! And a bi flag behind him as the background ❤💜💙!!

A/N
Your comments and votes are highly appreciated (╯°□°)╯♥ ♥ ♥

The parlour was hardly packed in the evenings, especially with school students. But today just had to be out of the ordinary, with a throng of students swarming the place, their convivial chatters somewhat incongruous in the usually quiet environment. And it was only Wednesday. Errol noticed they were carrying flyers and handing them out to the customers and staff members alike.

A familiar brown hair bobbed amongst the multitude, and Errol simply waited by the counter, his fingers drumming on its surface as if he knew he was going to be approached. Not that he had an issue with it. His curiosity was already piqued anyway.

"Field trip?" he spoke when Pelham arrived before him, a stack of papers gripped in his hands. He was joined not a moment later by Lucio, whose raven hair was in disarray.

"Campaign," answered Pelham. "More precisely, anti-bullying campaign."

"We're part of the committee!" Lucio piped up, looking proud, flushed cheeks and all.

"Wasn't there one just, what, a month ago?" said Errol.

"That was from a different school," explained Pelham. "Every school is holding one each month in this town."

"Yeah, I haven't exactly caught up with school and whatnot," Errol waved his hand in a dismissive manner. "Too busy serving waffles, see."

"Maybe you should come along and serve free waffles," Lucio suggested.

"Not everyone eats waffles, son," Errol pointed out.

"I know someone who can eat ten waffles a day," muttered Lucio whilst side-eyeing Pelham, earning a glare from the latter.

"Anyway," said Pelham, handing out a flyer to Errol, who tilted his head aside to read it. "In case you wanna come and support."

"About time people stand up to fight, huh?" said Errol in an attempt of a joke, except that his voice sounded distant, unfamiliar to his ears.

"Open to everyone," Pelham shrugged. Then he said to Errol in a low voice, "Do bring free waffles."

"Oh, now you're just taking advantage of him," Lucio said to Pelham, drawing a chuckle from Errol's throat.

Pelham ducked his head and looked sideways at Lucio. "Are you reprimanding me?"

"Remind me to look up the dictionary later," Lucio said. "C'mon, Plump, we still have flyers to hand out."

Pelham looked fairly affronted. "Hey, only Oris gets to call me that," he pointed, much to Errol's amusement. 

"You still respond though," Errol joined in.