Chapter 2

I was already up in bed working on an email to my best friend, Jennifer when I finally heard Bell come home. I poked my head out of my door to see her come up the stairs and chuckled a bit as she went straight to the bathroom. My sister hadn't changed one bit. She had kept her long brown hair messy and she was still as pale as a ghost. The only difference was that it seemed that her wardrobe had gotten more girly. And when I say girly it was only a little bit.

When she came out of the bathroom she didn't notice and apart of me was okay with that. I didn't really want to interact with her this late. Besides, I would see her tomorrow...since it was both of first days of Junior year tomorrow and all of me was nervous as hell.

           Shutting off my alarm on my phone I groaned. Mornings were not peachy for me and today was worse. Without even realizing it I had fallen back to sleep after my alarm had just gone off. Thank goodness for my sister. Bella came into my room five minutes before we had to leave and she had to forcefully push me out of my bed. It didn't take me very long to dig through my bags to find something warm to wear. Thank goodness that I had packed some long pants and sweaters. I wanted to be extra prepared for Forks weather and I was glad that I was. It was extremity colder out today then I had expected, but I kept telling myself that I could do it.

      "Being late on the first day, kiddo not a good way to start out the day". Charlie stated as I came down the stairs with my book in my mouth. I rolled my eyes and placed my bag on the table. Then I dropped my book into it and zipped it shut.

     "I know that". I said back reaching into the freezer for a frozen waffle. I looked over at the clock then at my sister who was staring at her phone. I was so not going to have time to heat this up. I popped the waffle into my mouth. I went over to my sister and pulled on my black combat boots just as Belles phone beeped.  She stared at it for a few minutes before shoving it back into her pocket.

     "Dad could we get a ride to school?" Our dad glanced up from his breakfast.

     "I thought Edward was giving you a ride?" Bella sighed and shook her head.

Then she clenched the straps of her bag. "H-He's sick today". She muttered under her breath. I guess I wasn't going to get to meet the bf today. But that wasn't what I was really thinking...not really. Something was off with my sister. I know I hadn't seen her in years, but she wasn't really acting like the Bella that I had known. Then again, the Bella I know wouldn't be the type to have a boyfriend. So, I just brushed that thought out of my head and followed them both out to the police cruiser.

      Forks high school was a lot smaller then I had imagined. I mean compared to my high school it was nothing, but Bella had told me that it was decent sized, but I wasn't so sure if she meant decent as in her definition of it or mine?

Charlie dropped us off at the front of the school and both of us proceeded inside. As we both headed for the main office a blonde-haired guy came up to me and held out his hand. He smiled at me and I could clearly see that he found me attractive from the way he looked me up and down.

      "Hey I'm Mike Newton". He introduced himself. I smiled back. "And you are..."

I grabbed onto his hand and shook it. "Alex Swan". I greeted him. He looked taken a back by my last name being Swan and glanced over at Bella.

     "Wow didn't know Arizona was holding out on us". Mike stated. I raised an eyebrow at my sister. Bella rolled her eyes at Mikes comment. Don't worry about it, she said through her facial expression to me. I chuckled.

       "Arizona?"

Mike smiled nervously. "Yeah..I just called her it one day and it kind of just stuck".

       "So, how long are you planning to stay here?"

I smiled. Clearly, he was interested in me more then I had thought. "Maybe until Senior year. Not really sure yet". Mikes smile widened at my answer to his question.

      "That's great. I should get to first period, but I see you around?"

     "Yeah". I said as Mike bolted down the hall. I looked back at my sister.

     "Is he always like this?'

Bella nodded. "Especially with the new girl". Both of us chuckled as we made our way to the office.

Getting my schedule, I was glad to see that most of my classes were within the same area as each other. I had never been to Forks high school, so I was still so new to all the tips and tricks of it here, but thankfully Bella did her best to help and of course Mike was eager to help the new girl out as well. By lunch time I had felt like I was getting the hang of it.

The only problem was when I got the cafeteria I didn't see my sister in sight. It seemed like she had just vanished without a trace. Scanning the lunch room again my eyes fell upon Mike who was clearly sitting with a bunch of kids and was desperately waving me over to sit with them. I grabbed my tray and proceed to sit down with them.

    "Hi I'm Jessica". The preppy girl sitting very close to Mike introduced herself as. I smiled back her.

   "Alex". I said. She smiled.

   "Oh, we know. Mike's been us that your Bella's sister". The Asian boy with long spikey hair stated as he inched closer to the girl with glasses next to him. I glanced up at Mike. I wasn't all too surprised that Mike had talked about me. He seemed like the type to do so.

    "By the way I'm Eric". He said. "And this is Angela, my girlfriend". He said pointing to the girl with glasses. She looked up from her camera quickly to smile then turned back to her work. I smiled slightly at her, even though she didn't seem to notice it.

    "It nice to meet you all, but I have to ask do you guys-"

All of them looked at one another before turning back to me. "If your wondering where Belle is she's over there". Jessica answered my question even before I could finish. She extended her freshly painted nails in the direction to where a small table sat. All alone in the corner. At the table slouched in her seat was my sister. She looked so lonely sitting there just gazing out the window.

     "Why is she sitting by herself?" I asked them all not letting my gaze move from her.

     "She always sits over there with...the Cullen's". Mike said with distaste in his mouth. Everywhere I went it seemed like the Cullen's had a reputation to them. Like they were shrouded in mystery.

     "Sounds like you don't like them". I hinted at. Mike nervously chuckled. Then he adjusted his jacket as if to try to avoid my question.

     "I-I..well I don't really care for them". Mike said. Jessica shook her head in agreement.

     "Before Bella came it was like they didn't want anything to do with the rest of us, but now there all like we love Bella". Jessica stated in a tone as she glanced over at my sister. "Especially Edward".

       "that's only cause you love him". Mike said in a joking tone making Jessica turn bright red. As I continued to look over at my sister the shouts from Jessica and the noise from other conversations in the cafeteria became to vanish from my head. What were these Cullen's all about? And why did there very existence shrouded in mystery? And why the hell was my very own sister in the middle of it all?

So I'm going to try to update once a week so that way I'm not rushing each chapter. I want this story to be good, so let's see how this goes.