Chapter 3

***

Another no show from Edward was starting to piss me off. It had been three days since my sister had seen him and she seemed completely miserable. She barley uttered a single word to me and she never came down for down with me and dad. I could see that it was deeply affecting her, and I seriously wanted to do something, but what could I do? I had no idea where the hell Edward lived, and I didn't even know his number. Even if I wanted to there was no way that I could and it completely sucked.

That evening after dinner and after I had washed all the dishes i still had not heard a single word from Bella and my nerves were starting to kick in. Part of me wanted to call Charlie and ask him what should I do, but I didn't want to trigger a false alarm and piss him off. Charlie was knee deep in a case and I didn't want to distract him, but what else was I supposed to do.

Finally after another hour of waiting I just dialed his number and called. He admittedly called Billy Black and Harry Clearwater and a few other friends of his and they began the search. Within twenty minutes he had come home to check on me and to if Bella had come back, but no luck. Both of us waited outside the house in jackets along with a few neighbors who had offered to help us.

After another hour had passed with no sign of my sister Jacob had finally arrived. I was thrilled to see him and I could tell that he was thrilled as well. He instealy pulled me into a big hug. I wrapped my arms around his warm body. Man I really did miss Jake big warm hugs. I just wish that we could gotten to see each other under a better situation.

     "How are you and your dad holding up?" Jake asked as we sat down on the steps on Charlie's house. I wasn't going to lie I was horribly scared that something bad had or could happen to my sister. Bella was my only sibling and I couldn't lose her. Even if I hadn't seen her in over ten years.

     "I'm scared, Jake". I said facing him. "This isn't like Bella. She wouldn't just up and disappear like this. She wouldn't do this to dad after everything that happened between our mom and him". I said trying to hold it together for my dad's sake. Jake sighed and placed a hand on my back.

     "She'll turn up soon, Alex". Jake replied in a reassuring tone. "I promise".

Wiping away a few tears I nodded my head. "I hope so. And Jake thanks".

Jake raised an eyebrow at me. "For...?"

     "For being there for me after all this time. You're a great friend, Jake you know that?" I said nudging his arm. Jake let out a chuckle and nudged me back.

     "So, I've been told". He said. "And Alex, no matter what happens you're always going to be my best friend". I laid my head on Jakes shoulder. Without a doubt I glad to be back. I had missed Jake more than I had realized, all those years apart. It truly wasn't the same growing up without my best friend around.

    "So, what made you decide to come-"

Before Jake could even wrap up his sentence we all turned our heads to see a tan teenage boy coming straight out of the forest holding my sister in his arms. Jumping up from the steps I rushed over to the boy and watched as he handed her to my dad. Jake rushed over to us and I could see that he was glaring at the boy. A part of me wanted to question him as to why he was glaring at this guy, but I was too invested in making sure that Bella was okay.

Without even saying another word to Jake, me and my dad brought Bella inside and made sure that she was okay. I didn't leave her side that night. I decided that it would be best to sleep on the floor to make sure that she was okay. Whatever made my sister act and do this I didn't know...but I did know that if it had something to do with Edward then he would pay.....

***

Yes this chapter is shorter. Sorry about that. I promise the next one will be longer.