ii - augury [ a ]

TITLE: AUGURY*STATUS: availableLOVE INTEREST: up to authorFACECLAIM:

TITLE: AUGURY*
STATUS: available
LOVE INTEREST: up to author
FACECLAIM:

ELEANOR TOMLINSON*
as
GRACE CAMDEN*

ELEANOR TOMLINSON*asGRACE CAMDEN*

VIKINGS CAST as THEMSELVES

PLOT:

For as long as she can remember, Grace Camden has worshipped God. As the youngest daughter in a family of devout Christians, she's only ever known the way of the lord. But when her dreams are plagued with ravens and whispers, she can only wonder if there's more to the her religion.

After a mysterious dream of a wise old man warning her of danger, her home is attacked by pagans from the north. She's saved from slaughter from a black bird, who lands in front of her and stays by her side. In the north, she's treated as a princess when signs start pouring in left and right. Her dreams get stronger and the whispers get louder, and Grace finds herself guiding her new family with her auguries.

QUOTES:

" i have seen your gods in my dreams. they show me things that will happen. "

" it was odin that saved me. his messengers in my world stopped my slaughter. "

" i can hear them, their chatter and the whispers and the way they weave a person's fate. i hear it all the time now, not just in my sleep. "

" i suppose this is the life i was meant to live. back home, i never did much. i wasn't special, or sought after. i always felt like there was more than what i used to live. "

EXCERPT FROM PLOT:

HER DREAMS WERE FILLED WITH IMAGES AND WORDS SHE COULD NOT INTERPRET. She did not know how long she had had dreams of things that made no sense to her, dreams filled with crimson blood and metal swords. She couldn't grasp the concept of a king who's sons would grow to be as powerful as him, or of a woman who was both a warrior and a king.

But she craved the dreams. During the day, when she walked around her village she couldn't help the hunger she felt for the dancing pictures that rested behind her eyes. Grace needed them as much as she needed rainwater to survive. None of her family knew, though. She couldn't tell anybody of her vivid visions, not when she and everyone she knew followed the lord's words so carefully.

But it was her own little secret and her own little way to find pleasure in a mundane life. 

NOTES:

[ 1 ] so basically Grace is blessed by the gods, and she's a völva, someone who "practices magic". but she's much like aslaug in which she receives messages and prophecies through her dreams.

[ 2 ] as she spends more time in the north, her powers get stronger with more vivid dreams and messages, and she ultimately ends up hearing her whispers during the daytime as well.

[ 3 ] the beginning can be AU as i don't have a specific home set for her, but it can be your choice. along with that, you can keep the whole thing AU or drag her into the wars and messes of the show.

[ 4 ] she doesn't have a set love interest but by all means, you can give her whoever you want.

[ 5 ] so before the vikings invade her home, she has a dream of a wise old man who earns her of danger. i imagine this to be odin but it doesn't have to be. along with this, before she's about to get killed by a viking, a huge raven lands in front of her and stops the warrior.

[ 6 ] when she arrives in the north, she expects to be a slave or slaughtered but signs pour in left and right from the gods and she ends up being protected. the seer can even play a role in this by telling them she's a chosen one, and she's treated very well.

[ 7 ] i can see her helping the vikings on raids and missions with her messages from the gods as well! she takes a liking to them instantly because she's always had this feeling that there was something more than christianity and her mundane life back home.

[ 8 ] pretty open ended and there's a lot you can do with it! sorry this is pretty w e a k, but as usual: * means you are allowed to change it! and i'd love to read this!

ORIGINAL AUTHOR
-natblida