01

Sorry for this thing here, but I know many of you readers skip the first note. If you would be kind enough to go back and read the note, I would appreciate it.
The note is very important for many reasons, one being; my story updating.
Please check it out, so you won't be confused in the future.

————

There are bad boys and bad guys. The difference between them is that bad boys are good guys, who are just a little lost, doing 'bad' things as a distraction and need that one right girl to set them straight. But bad guys don't have that hope of ever doing good, they are evil deep from their soul and blackened heart.
I made the mistake of believing he was a bad boy.

The rainy morning was nothing new. It rained a lot in London, understandably so. I mean I lived on I freaking island. I love England though. I've lived half my life there. The other half in America. When I was eight we moved to  Manchester. We lived there until I was twelve, when we moved to London. By we I mean myself, my brother and my father. We moved to London because my fathers broke up with each other. Yes, I had two gay fathers, but no mom. I never knew my biological parents, they put me up for adoption when I was born.
I let out a big sigh as I tape yet another cardboard box closed. Now after five years of living in London, we were moving to LA. Connor, my father had had a dream of living there since he was a child. Now that we finally had a healthy money income, dad could complete his dream.
"Hailee!" I heard a yell as I turned around to see my brother, Ashton in the door way. "Are you done packing?"
"Almost, yeah. I just need to tape these few last ones closed and I'll be done." I answer, looking around my room.
"Great. After that we are going to get some smoothies from the Shack." Ash informs me.
The Shack is the ultimate hang out place for teens. It sells delicious food, milkshakes, smoothies and all kinds of drinks except alcoholic.
"Are you excited for LA?" I grin at him.
"Am I excited? Hell yeah! I mean think about the hot chicks, the awesome beaches." Ash trails off with a grin and I chuckle. My brother has an unhealthy obsession with beaches. It's really weird, but to be honest everyone is a little cracked in the head.
"Why am I not surprised?" I laugh and tape the last box closed. "There, I'm all good now." I turn to my brother. He is on his phone grinning happily. "What?"
"Betty says she's gonna miss me." He announces happily. I throw him a knowing look. Ash has been crushing on my old friend Bethany or Betty as she likes to be called for years.
"She finally noticing you?" I tease him. Ashton doesn't realize it, but it makes me happy that he at least thinks of someone like that.
"No." His happy grin drops to a sad smile that he throws my way. "You know Betty doesn't think of me that way."
"I'm sorry, Ash." I frown a little. Ever since I found out he liked her, I've been trying to push them together. "Ella no sabe lo que se está perdiendo." (She doesn't know what she's missing.) I tell Ashton in Spanish. He gives me slight nod and kicks the ground.
"Yeah, whatever. It wouldn't have gone anywhere anyway."
"Don't say that, Ashton Tobias Evans!" I throw him a look. "It could've gone many ways."
"Come on, we gotta go get those smoothies. They ain't getting themselves!" He throws me a grin and walks downstairs. I frown at his back and follow him down the steps, lost in my thoughts.
Ashton is great at hiding his emotions and what really is going on. It's always made me slightly worried. The only thing that gives away his feelings are his eyes and even then you can barely see them if you haven't known him forever. So, out of all the people on earth, I was the only one able to see through his wall.
"Hailee? What's wrong?" Ashton asks as I bump into him. My wide eyes stare into his concerned ones.
"Uh, nothing. I was just thinking." I throw him a smile. "Weren't we going?" His eyes narrow.
"You keep forgetting that I know you as well as you know me. Hailee, don't avoid it. What's wrong?" He grabs my arms and turns me directly towards him.
I look away as I mutter, "I'm just worried about you."
"Hailee, I'm fi-"
"Don't give me that I am fine bullshit." I glare at him. "I know you, Ashton. I can see your emotions. And, I know you hate having to leave, while your feelings for Betty are on full blast. But, Ashton. This is something you need." I place a comforting hand on his shoulder before pulling him into a hug.
"I guess you're right." He mutters into my neck and I squeeze him, then let him go.
"I'm always right." I grin at Ashton and he rolls his eyes and messes my hair up. I swat his hands away and playfully glare at my older brother. "Now come on. If we wanna be in time back, we gotta go."

{»«}

The Shack is an older wooden building. It has a homey vibe from already the outside. The building is located in a remote location, in the middle of a forest. It is very easy to get there though. At the end of the road, there's a parking lot. From the parking lot a stone path, with flowers surrounding goes all the way to the cabin like building. It has a cute porch with a few benches and tables to sit down in. Each bench has a flower pot on them, along with an ashtray. The roof has hanging small lights, that twinkle in the evenings.
I sigh sadly, thinking of all the great memories this place holds. Ash and I step inside and I take a good look at the inside. The Shack only has two rooms, the main room with the tables and booths and shit and the cooking area. All in all it's a very open area. The east and west side walls have about five booths lining the walls. Then in the middle of the room are a few tables. All of the tables are old and worn out. The booths have a retro look to them. Then straight across from the door is the 'bar'. The walls are decorated with pictures of sunny days and starry nights. The selves are filled with toppings for all the drinks, ice creams and foods. Inside of the Shack there is about twenty people eating breakfast or teens just hanging out. We make our way to the bar.
"Oh! How are my two favorite customers?" Cassidy asks us. Cassidy has worked here all her life. She knows us very well.
"Quite sad we won't be seeing this place anymore." I admit with a deep sigh.
"You know I'll miss you the most Cassy!" Ashton cheers. Cassidy chuckles and shakes her head.
"The usual?" She questions, not even glancing our way as she struts to the smoothie machines.
"You know it, Cassy!" Ashton winks at her, making me roll my eyes at his playful flirting.
"Ignore him. He's just happy, 'cause Betty told him she'll miss him, which I can't understand how." I tell her while grinning at him teasingly.
"Hailee! Why would you do this to me?" He dramatically pretends to faint.
"Oh, Jesus fucking Christ. Take off your crown for one day, Drama Queen." I laugh.
"Language." Cassidy scolds me and I grin at her.
I hear a thud and look to my right to see Ashton on the floor with a pout. I widen my eyes at him in surprise and he stares at me.
"What the hell?" I ask and narrow my eyes at him.
"I fell." He simply says and I face palm.
"Ashton Evans. Get up and take your bloody drink." Cassidy scolds him. Immediately Ashton jumps up and takes his drink while sipping it like a kid.
"Can't you come with us to LA?" I ask her. She throws her head back and laughs loudly.
"I wish I could. Unfortunately for you, I love my job and this place." She grins while I disappointingly shake my head.
"Better go check he won't get punched in the face again." Cassidy points out, causing me to look at Ashton only to see him annoying some bulky guy.
"Bloody hell." I mutter under my breath and walk towards him. Ashton found it fun to get into fights. He mostly lost them. I think he did it on purposely, he still blames himself for summer of 2015. The summer that changed us both, and not for the better. "Ashton!" I yell and stalk towards them. "We do not have time for this shit. You can get your ass beat another day, Ash." I growl out to him.
"Yeah, listen to your little slut." Mr. Bulk taunts. I roll my eyes and can't help keep the disgust off of my face.
"He's my brother. And I find it rather funny you call me names. I mean, are you really that insecure. Also, you don't know me, you have no right in calling me that." I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him.
"I can see it in you."
"In what? My clothes?" I raise my eyebrow and look at my top and jeans. "Or the fact that I saved my idiot of an brother's ass? I ain't that bloody desperate to fuck guys left and right." I scoff. He has the decency to look a little sheepish, until he hides it under a murderous look.
"Just stay the fuck away from me." He growls out and stalks out of the Shack. I scoff and turn to my brother with a glare.
"What the fuck, Ashton? You promised me!" I grit out with a glare. He has the decency to roll his damn eyes at me.
"Save the concerned mother act." He says with a blank face. His eyes, they are burning with hatred, though. And, I know exactly who that anger is dedicated to.
"Ashton." I say softly and touch his shoulder, which makes him shrug my hand off. "Ashton! I need you to stop." I tell him with a raised voice.
"Stop what?" He asks with an emotionless voice.
"Stop all of this!" I yell out and throw my hands up in the air in frustration. "I do not have time to stop you from getting yourself killed. Tomorrow is moving day, the last day in London. And tomorrow is a new day, a new life. I want you to turn your life over and stop this. Please. It breaks me to see you this way." I plead him. He glares at me. "Ashton, please. I can't stand to watch another person I love dearly to slowly destroy themselves." His harsh glare and the wall of indifference completely shatters when he sees my genuine pain.
"Shit. I'm so sorry, Hails. I completely ignored the way you felt. You put on such a good act, that even I can't see through it. And, I've known you all my life. Honestly, I feel like such an ass." He pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his middle. I love my brother's bear hugs. He is the best hugger I know.
"Half the time you are an ass, but Ash, I love you and I hate to see you in pain." I step back from the hug and nudge his shoulder with mine.
"Same, Hails. I hate to see you in pain, too. And, I love you too." Ashton ruffles my hair to which I scowl.

{»«}

"Um, careful with those boxes. They have easily breakable stuff in them." I point out to the moving men, or whatever the fuck they are. They are gonna take all our boxes and ship them to fucking America and then to LA. Which will take at least two weeks.
"Got it." One of them replies and takes one box and moves it to the car with the more fragile ones. All of the mostly useless stuff is in the boxes like clothes or other unimportant stuff. I have also packed my books in a box, which we will be taking on board the plain, since none will want to deal with me if I don't have my books.
My hand lifts to the locket around my neck anxiously, as I watch the men take all my belongings out of my room. My mind drifts to him and the painful memories fill my head. Suddenly all I can think about is him, what we'd be doing right now, would we still be toget-
I clench my hand around the locket and squeeze it so hard it starts to hurt. Pain is the only way to take my mind away from that place. I don't want to hurt myself, I just don't have another distraction.
"Hailee?" My brother snaps me away from my thoughts and I let go of the locket. His eyes lock to the necklace and regret and raw pain fills his face. I can already tell where his thoughts are leading.
"Ashton." I say softly. His eyes snap to my eyes and they fill with tears. "Ashton, please don't blame yourself."
"How can I not?" He spits out. "I mean..." His voice breaks and he turns away.
"Ashton." I touch his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault." I say with a finality in my tone.
"Whatever. Anyway, dad's downstairs. He needs us." He nonchalantly says. I frown at him, but let the matter drop anyway. I know once he sets his mind into something, there's no way of changing it. We leave my room and head down the stairs.
Once we reach our living room, I lock my eyes with warm icy blue eyes. My father has almost white hair and defined facial features. He's wearing a suit. He's always wear in a suit.
"Hey, kids. I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow morning, I won't be joining you for the plane ride. I need to stay behind for a week more, since not all was finished for our move." He tells us with a polite smile. I don't know this stranger. Over the last two years, Connor Evans had changed a lot, but not for the better. Our father grew more distant, colder and into a person I had no clue he was.
And, suddenly I was angry. He made me furious with these kind of things. He put his business before us. We were very low on his priority list. Probably just slightly above of his need for another relationship. And, he despised love.
"So, business is more important than your children?" I scoff. I was disgusted to say the least. This man had loved me and Ashton unconditionally for most of our lives. I mean, he wasn't there when we were born, but for the most part yes. He only started to change a few years ago, when all of the shit went down. He became different, colder, unloving.
"Your not my children." He coldly looks at me and a pain flashes in my chest. My mouth opens, but no sound comes out. I turn around and head back up the stairs. I couldn't deal with this.
"That was a low blow." I hear Ashton say with an edge to his tone.
I quickly slip into the bathroom and close the door. The mirror shows a girl with brown hair and brown eyes. Her eyes puffy because of tears. Her face pale because of the pain in her heart. A pain that she doesn't seem to be getting rid off anytime soon. And that girl is me. The girl who's heart is filled with pain and loneliness.

{»«}

I hear a knock on my door and I lift myself from the bed, glaring at the door. The door opens and my father steps inside. His face is filled with remorse and regret. We just stare at each other for a long time.
"I'm really sorry, Hailee. I don't know what came over me." He apologizes with a soft voice. "All of this is stressing me out a lot and I know it's a horrible excuse, but it's the only one I have. I should've never taken it out on you."
"I'm sorry, too. I disrespected you and that was wrong." I look down.
"Don't apologize for that. You were right in saying it. I have put my company in front of my family and it's a terrible mistake I made. I hope you can forgive me." He sits next to me on the bed. It's basically the only thing in my room. "From now on, every Thursday, we'll have a family night." His hand touches my shoulder and I smile at him.
"I have already forgiven you. But, why Thursday?" I can't help but to ask.
"Because I know you teens want to fave your weekends and Friday's reserved for parties." He grins.
"I think you're mistaking me for Ashton." I say and we both laugh. Ashton was a partier, typical I know, and I was a bit of a loner. I barely put effort into any kind of relationships for the past two years and that made me lose the two friends I had ever had. I wasn't one of those wallflowers though, I was daring and when I was fifteen I was one of the most popular people in our school. These days I was rather at home, holed up in my room, alone. Letting the painful memories torture me. I was doing it on purpose, the need to punish myself for everything was big and a very toxic one.
"Well, you should get some sleep. The flight is at ten so you need to wake up no later than eight." Connor says and stands up.
"Okay." I say and give him a smile.
"Night, darling."
"Night."

What do you think about the first chapter? I want your full opinion, leave nothing out!
How do you feel about Hailee, the main lady thing? Or the other characters so far introduced? Oh, don't worry, you'll be getting the best and worst characters in the following chapters!
What do you think about the first words? The italic text?

Ava Bonnet - February 13th.