02

He seemed genuine from the start, but then he showed me who he really was, what he really wanted. It wasn't my friendship nor was it my personality.
He wasn't the boy I thought I knew.

The beautiful sound of my alarm blared through my room. Growling, I slammed my hand on the chair beside my mattress. See, all the furniture was sold, since we'd have a completely new house, with furniture that my father had picked.
Of course Ashton and I could paint our rooms in any color we wanted, with one condition; we had to do it our selves. Connor would get the paint and we would paint the rooms. I think it's a fair deal.
"Hailee, wakey wakey!" I hear Ashton shout and step into my room. I sit up and throw him the "really" look. He sheepishly glances at me and lifts his arms up in surrender. "Anyway, up! We're getting fast food on the way, so you don't need to eat, just get your shit to the car and let's go!" Ash practically jumps and giggles from excitement. I snort.
"Clearly you don't know me, now get my shit to the car so I can grab food." I throw him a glare. "We still have those granola bars right?"
"Yeah, two in the car waiting for you, let's go, let's go!"
I sigh with relief and take my beauty pack, and head for the bathroom. I still needed to do my hair and put on the light amount of make-up I usually do.
Locking the door, I do my normal bathroom business and then decide to open my hair from it's small pony tail. See, I can't go to sleep without having my hair up in someway or it will be impossible to brush. It tangles so much it's not even funny. I grab my brush from the beauty pack and run it through my brown, soon silky hair. Once it's silky, I grab my mascara and eye liner and apply them.
"Hailee, come on. We're gonna be late!" Ashton yells from downstairs.
"Calm your tits, mate. I'm coming." I tell back. Grumbling under my breath, I grab my make up kit and my brush and throw them in the suitcase I have prepared for the next two weeks. I pull the suitcase behind me and walk down, glaring at Ashton for making me hurry. "Are we going or not?" I snap.
"Yes, hurry!" He pushes me out of the door. "We only have like an hour to get there."
I roll my eyes, but get in the car anyway, after throwing my suitcase in the back. I take out my small purse with a few books, my phone and a couple power banks. I check if any of my friends have left me any messages, but they haven't. Not that I had expected them to, since I didn't do well with opening up to people. The closest I had ever been to a person was with... him. And of course Ashton.
I let out a sigh and stare out of the window. Ashton opens his door and gets in. His hair is dripping water, since it's raining.
"So it'll take us half an hour to get to the airport, where we're leaving with a private yet, thanks to our rich father." Ashton informs me. I nod and look out the side window again. "Everything okay?"
"Yeah, everything's good. I'm just gonna miss England." I reply with a small smile.
"And... El- him?" He questions with a sad look.
"I always miss Eliot, I always have and always will. He was my first and probably only love." I sigh sadly.
"Don't say that." I turn my head towards Ash and find him looking at me with slight anger. "Eliot might've been your first love, but he doesn't have to be your only love. There are so many other guys out there, and I'm sure you're gonna meet someone in the near future." He grabs a hold of my hand and smiles at me softly. "Hails, you have to let him go."
"I know, okay? It's just not that easy." I mutter.
"I let him go, Hails. You just have to have someone make you realise that he's not coming back." He runs his thumb over my knuckles and I feel silent anger rise within me. When I get angry, I don't lash out. I keep it inside until I can't and then someone will get hurt. Not physically, but by my words. Of course they are empty words, but they can still hurt.
"I don't believe he'll come back. You realise that. I have a hard time letting people go alright? So, don't fucking tell me that I need to realise something I already know by heart!" I growl out, but Ashton doesn't even flinch at my venomous tone. I've been told I'm very scary when I want to be and when I'm angry, but Ashton knows me well enough that I have a short temper.
"I'm sorry, Hails. I shouldn't have assumed." He grabs my hand again, after I pulled it out of his. I close my eyes in regret. I hated snapping at Ashton. He always made it into his fault, that he pushed me over the edge.
"No, Ashton. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I could've said all that like a normal person." I run my other hand through my shoulder length brown hair.
"Hailee, you said it like a normal person would, when they are annoyed by it." Ashton says, smiling slightly. He had a tendency of making everything his fault and always taking the blame. It was a noble trait, but not always a good one. See, he always gets in trouble because of it, and once his old friends realized this, they used it to their advantage. I made him stop be friends with them, before they did something that could land Ash in jail.
"Whatever, lets stop talking about this." I nod towards the car keys, "We should probably go."
Ashton agrees and starts the car. I get comfortable and grab my phone again, to check stuff on Pinterest. I only do it for cool decorative stuff or art! So don't judge me.