Chapter 1

It was the end of Songbird Serenade's performance, and the fireworks were going off in the sky. You knew Tempest had made them, for you watched her do it. Anyways, Songbird flew over the crowd, passing directly over someone. That someone caught your eye. He looked like a cat...but the most striking feature of him was his emerald green eyes. You looked into them once and you felt your heart skip a beat. Your heart pumped faster as you saw him notice you and smirk, slowly making his way to you.

"Hey there, darling. The name's Capper," he said, smiling. You tried to say something, but couldn't. He was too....amazing. Finally, you managed to tell him your name. The smile on his face was all worth it; his eyes lit up and he smiled brighter than anyone you had ever seen. It made your legs go like jelly. "That's a beautiful name, Y/N."

"T-Thanks, Capper," you squeaked before coughing and straightening yourself. "Thank you, I like your name as well." He turned to glanced at you, his eyes shining with amusement. You felt the blush creeping to your face and you quickly covered your face with a hoof. He smiled and gave a laugh.

"As I believe, her performance isn't over yet. Can we dance for the rest of it?" He asked, holding out a paw. You didn't hesitate; you took his paw and found out it was surprisingly soft. He led you to a spot in the middle of the crowd and you two started to dance. He had no question, no hesitance for his moves. He was a very graceful and skilled dancer, causing many ponies to stop and watch you. But he didn't care, his eyes were fixed on you the entire time.

At the end of the performance, Rarity came up to you. "Y/N, let's walk home together?" She offered, but then Capper came in and said, "Sorry, Rarity. Her and I were gonna walk home together." The white mare paused and then nodded, smiling a bit as she walked away. You turned and stared at Capper, but he was already several yards in front of you. "You coming?"

With a sigh and a shake of your head, you trotted after the cat. Once you caught up to him, he placed a paw on your shoulder and kept it there. You blushed and said, "You're a good dancer." He smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I kinda taught myself the moves." You nodded, smiling brighter and then coughing. This caused the tom cat to look at you worriedly, and you smiled. "It's nothing, just something stuck in my throat."

"Did you get it out? And where's your house, darling?" He asked, his tail swaying in wonder. You told him how to get to your house, which was just down the street. You were very surprised when you saw he looked a bit upset. "Oh, okay. Too bad our time together is so short. Mind if I stay the night with you?" He asked, smiling.

You shoved him, laughing. "Of course I do! Are you drunk?" The cat smiled, eyes reflecting the lamp lights. Once you got to your house, he opened the door for you. "Tonight was amazing, Y/N." He said, and just before he left he kissed your cheek slightly. You blushed and held a hoof to your cheek. "Capper..."