Chapter 3

I searched the house for my mom but I couldn't seem to find her anywhere. I had looked in the living room, back yard, her room and the kitchen. I guess I should check upstairs. A soft, muffled crying could be heard as I climbed the stairs. My pace quickened as I followed the sound, down the hallway, and to my bedroom door. The door creaked slightly when I opened it slowly. Inside my mom was crying softly on my bed. Her coffee brown curls were a hugh mess and she had makeup smears all over her face. She hadn't heard me come in the room.

   "M-mom?" I spoke almost in a whisper. 

  Her head snapped up, and her jaw dropped in surprise, happiness, and a touch of confusion. Before I could take another step she jumped off the bed and ran over to me, wrapping me in a death hug. We cried for a minute on each others shoulders, before pulling apart. 

   "Honey I was so worried about you guys! I didn't know what happened or what to think."

  I noticed how she said you "guys". I was gonna have to tell her about Siovia...

  "Wait where's Siovia?!" Panic ran through my mothers voice as she looked at me worryingly.

    Fresh tears poured down my eyes as memories flashed through my head. I sat down on my bed sobbing into my hands. I didn't know how I was supposed to tell the story, basically re-living it. My mom sat beside me, rubbing my back. After I calmed down, she brought me a cup of sweet tea and I finally managed to tell her what happened. Though I had to stop a couple times to cry a another river. I don't think I'll ever have enough strength to build a bridge and get over it.

   "Mom it's all my fault she's dead! I could have done something instead of just letting a tree smash her" I sobbed. My mom face was drenched in tears. Her hands were shaking but she managed to look up at me.

   "Don't say that Lauren. I-It's not your fault. I-I'm gonna go calm down in my room okay?" Her voice was squeaky and I was bearly able to make out her words. I just nodded and lay down on my bed as she left my room. I had stopped crying and my brain was completely blank. I just stared into space, completely worn out. I had cried my eyes out and my face was splotchy. I slipped into a dreamless sleep, my brain was ready to turn its self off for the night. 

Author's Note- Hey readers! SO sorry for the beyond late update :( I've been kinda busy. BUT I will be updating more often. Enjoy! #Comment#Vote#KeepReading.

XOXO-Dragonfly