Chapter 5: Parents!

Nick's POV:
I woke up the next morning kind of on the late side.  We just had our baby son last night and he didn't wake us up at all.

However, Miley is still sleeping.  She was the one giving birth, so she is more exhausted than I am.

Since she's sleeping in a bit more, I checked up on Adam.  Adam is sleeping, but wakes up and looks at me.  I pick him up and goes, "You're hungry, aren't you?"  He cries and I get his bottle and talk to him while I'm feeding him.  "Mommy's sleeping, so Daddy is going to give you the bottle."  He sucks on it until he's done and I clean the top of the bottle and put the bottle back on the shelf.  "There you go."  I take him downstairs with me, sitting down on the couch in the living room, watching TV while we wait for my wife to come downstairs.

Miley comes down a little while later and sits down next to me.  She takes Adam.  "Mommy's here now."  She looks at me and asks if I fed him.  I nod and point to the TV, because we were on the TV.

"The baby Jonas is here!!  Nick and Miley both took to their Instagram stories to announce the birth of their son.  Nick used a photo of the newborn for the announcement, & then a photo of his wife & baby, noting that both are healthy while Miley announced the name of the baby, using a photo of her husband and son, noting that the family is happy and healthy.  The baby was named Adam Paul Jonas and was born last night at 8:00 PM, weighing 9 pounds.  Congratulations are in order for the new mom and dad!  We congratulate them.  Family, as well as fans, and friends, have showed their support and congratulations as well.  Jonas patriarch Paul Kevin Jonas Sr., known as Papa K. Jonas, tweeted out 'Another grandson!  Denise and I feel proud of Nick, Miley, and their new baby boy.'  Nick's brother Kevin posted a picture of the family, captioning it 'A new nephew.  Meet Adam Jonas.  Congrats to my brother Nick and sister-in-law Miley.' Nick's brother Joe posted the same photo of the baby Nick had on his Instagram, putting captions 'Welcome to the family, Adam Paul Jonas.  Congrats, Nick and Miley.' Miley's mom Tish Cyrus and dad Billy Ray Cyrus tweeted out congratulations as well.  Miley's siblings Brandi, Noah, Trace, and Braison tweeted out their congratulations.  The couple's friend Demi Lovato tweeted out 'Ahhhhh!!!  You guys need to stop being so adorable.  Congrats to my longtime good friends Nick and Miley on the birth of their little one!!  #AdamPaulJonas.'  Even Selena Gomez, long ago ex of Nick and longtime good friend of the married couple, tweeted out 'I may have been one of the first to know about the pregnancy, but I am one of the last to know about the birth.  Nick and Miley owe me for that.  Congrats are in order for the two!!  #AdamPaulJonas.'  Both Nick and Miley jokingly replied to that tweet with thank yous and emojis with tongues sticking out, aka Miley's trademark non-emoji expression.  Fans are tweeting out stuff like 'Baby Niley is here!' and 'Congrats to Niley on their baby!' The birth, with the hashtag of the baby's full name have hit # 1 on the Twitter trends as congratulations are flowing in on the social media site."

Adam cries as if he knows it's about him (which he doesn't) and Miley tries to calm him.  She gives up when he doesn't and gives him to me.  I try calming him and he stops.

"How come he stopped when you held him and he didn't stop when I held me?"

"I don't know.  Maybe he likes Daddy better."

"He better not.  I don't want to have kids favoring one parent over the other."

I chuckle.  "That won't happen.  We'll make them favor both of us."

"Good."

I hand Adam back to his mommy.  Miley plays with him for a bit before we go to the kitchen for breakfast.

When we were done, Demi came in.  "Yo, I want to see your boy."

I chuckle.  "Demz, you could have called first.  And Miley has him."