Chapter 7: Anniversary Aftermath & Pregnancy #2

Nick's POV:
The next morning, Miley and I had slept in. We were tired from yesterday's activities and Adam wouldn't fall asleep until it was a half hour after his bedtime. Miley and I had to sing to him and then he finally fell asleep.

When we woke up, Adam was still sleeping and so we went downstairs to wait until he does. We put on the TV and we were on the TV again.

"Adam Paul Jonas, who is Miley and Nick's 1-month-old son, had his first laugh yesterday and the proud parents documented it in an Instagram live. Although we missed the actual first laugh, the mom and dad kept up the baby's laughs with jokes. Miley revealed that Adam's first laugh happened when her husband Nick was cooing at their son. They then kept up the antics with asking if Mommy or Daddy was funny and the baby laughed. They tried testing out other methods to see if their baby boy could laugh at other things. The mom and dad bounced the boy, making him laugh. Nick played the old, but still popular, video of his brother Joe dancing to 'Single Ladies' by singer Beyonce in a leotard and heels, which made his mini me of a son laugh and Joe even joined in with a comment, revealing though he thought it was adorable, he still doesn't like the video, and then the live feed attempting to make his nephew laugh. Adam did not laugh when his uncle Joe made a joke from a BuzzFeed article. Nick said that the 1-month-old baby would not understand the joke. We're happy that the baby boy had his first laugh. Miley and Nick noted the fact that their son has had his first laugh before he could speak. Uncle Joe noted that the baby is smart and he could be right about that. Experts say that babies have their first laugh at 3-4 months old or later, so Miley and Nick's son is very lucky and smart. Adam is their only child thus far and plans for another kid is not known, although sources argue otherwise. One source argues that the married couple is taking their time before they want to try to have another one. Another says they are in the process of thinking about it. A third source says that they are not completely sure at the moment, focusing on Adam and maybe going back to work after a long hiatus at the moment. The couple, who are both singers, former actors, and Disney alumni, just celebrated a double anniversary yesterday, having met in 2006 and dated the same day they met and getting married one year ago as of yesterday. The couple was out to dinner yesterday to celebrate the double anniversary when their son had his first laugh."

We heard Adam cry through the baby monitor that we had in our living room.  Miley goes into the nursery, feeds him, and comes back downstairs with him.

We talk for a while and decide on having another kid.

Miley's POV:
6 months later leads us into December.  These 6 months were successful as we tried to have another kid.  I am now two months along with our second child, and Nick and I were happy.  I am due in mid July.  We even are trying to slowly guide Adam, who's now seven months old, learning how to speak, and can say "Momma" and "Dadda", into learning he's going to have a brother or sister.

Adam has grown quite a bit.  His hair has grown more strands and his face and body is starting to look more like Nick's.  He may be Nick's mini me in appearance, but he's got my tendency to giggle.  Since he had his first laugh at one month, he's been giggling at almost everything.  It's kind of annoying, but it's also adorable.

Today is Christmas Eve and we're going to announce my second pregnancy to Nick's family as we celebrate the holidays at my parents-in-law' house.  Everyone, except for Sophie who was resting because she is 6 months along with her and Joe's second child, was playing with their own kid(s) and Nick's parents were in their kitchen.

Nick was making our son laugh while playing with him.

Danielle shakes her head at that, like she doesn't believe.  "Adorable, but that kid laughs at almost everything."

I tease her, "Jealous?"

Danielle shakes her head no.  "No way!"  She looks at me.  "Speaking of kids, are you guys still trying?"