Five

Bakugo roughly put on his UA uniform, messed up his hair and started to make himself coffee.
His suspension was lifted today, and he was not looking forward to going back to the shitshow they call school.
After downing a cup of boiling hot black coffee, he started dragging himself to UA. As he trudged down the pavement that led to his school, a warm liquid came up his throat. He spat it out instantly, gritting his teeth when he saw that it was blood. Bakugo kept walking, despite his intuition telling him not to.

Suddenly his legs buckled under him, a sharp gasp escaped his mouth as his knees slammed into the concrete under him.

Bakugo froze in place.

It felt like ice had started forming in his veins, and a fire had started to spark in his lungs.

His knees were scraped, and blood was trickling from his mouth.

Something was wrong.

The world was spinning.
Fast.
Bakugo groaned in pain and buckled over, clenching his stomach.
Passerby's didn't seem to notice him, even if they did, they sure as hell didn't care.
Bakugo shakily tried gasping for air with little to no success.
His head felt heavy, like there were rocks in his skull.

What the hell is happening?
Hell
Heaven
Angel
Kirishima

Bakugos dark eyes widened in realization
The angel said that they had to stay together, and he left the redhead at home.
Fuck.

Adrenaline flooded the blonde boy's veins, and he started sprinting  back his apartment. Bakugo swung open the door and felt himself stiffen when the angel wasn't where he left him.
Kirishima was lying on the floor, clutching his chest. Crimson drops of blood were leaking from his mouth, and silver feathers were scattered across the room.

"Kirishima!"
He ran over to the boy and checked for a pulse.
There was nothing.
Bakugo bit his lip as tears started forming in his eyes.
This was his fault.
He had killed the angel.
Bitter tears glided down his eyes as he held the lifeless body closer to him.
He hadn't felt regret for killing anyone before so why now?
"Kiri...shima..."
He choked out.

The redhead groggily opened his eyes and tried to wipe away Bakugo's tears that were staining his shirt because of how close they were.
"Angels don't have a pulse...silly..."
Kirishima smiled softly despite the tremendous pain he was in in hopes to comfort the boy, it seemed to work, as Bakugo had stopped crying.

Bakugo didnt let go of the angel.
The angel didn't mind.

The two lay on the floor, holding the other tight.
It wasn't really cuddling, they were both in too much pain to bother. They held eachother for comfort, and healing. They held eachother so that they could hear the other persons heartbeat and make sure they were still with them.

Kirishimas wings wrapped around the two.
It was like they were in a silky white cocoon.
A place just for the two of them.
Because of the pain surging through both of them, neither seemed to notice how close they were. Neither seemed to notice how much the both of them were barely inches apart.

Katsuki Bakugo didn't come to school his first day back from suspension.
And the new mystery student didn't show up either.

.
.
.
"Hold still"
Bakugo grunted, wrapping a bandage around the angels abnormally large wings.
Apparently loosing feathers really hurt, He didn't understand it, but he figured he could try to help. Kirishima had done his fair share of fussing over Bakugo as well. He had bandages on his knees, a cold towel to help with his burning forehead, and scattered capsules of Advil on the floor that Bakugo had refused to take.

The sun was touching down on the horizon, the soft beams of light illuminating the small apartment started to fade. It was like a silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows, reflecting down onto the pearly white snow.
Kirishima watched in a childlike innocence as if it was the first time he had ever seen the sun go down. His eyes twinkled like the stars starting to reveal themselves as the sky grew darker.
Bakugo sat down next to him with a soft smile on his face, not even flinching when the angel rested his head on his shoulder.
And so the two sat, letting the star scattered sky mask the pain.

Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn