Chapter 1: Roomies and Flirtations

This story is a collaboration by @troylerspuppy and @bringcolourtomyskies

St. Chastity is a Troyler high school AU in which Tyler is a popular, flirtatious senior (twelfth grade) and Troye is a shy, socially awkward sophmore (tenth grade). Both are openly gay and attend boarding school St. Chastity.

-Warning for mild language-

******************************

Troye's POV

"Bye, Mom!" Troye called as he hurried out of his mom's car and towards the school gates, large suitcase in tow, before he was late.
"Find a boyfriend!" His mother called teasingly after him.
"Ha-ha. See you later!"
And with an apple in his mouth, swinging his bag onto a shoulder, Troye headed down the sidewalk.
Today was Troye's first day of sophmore year at St. Chastity Boarding School, and yet he was still almost late for school. He just never got tired of hating that place. It was your typical boarding high school: you've got your popular cheerleaders, your skinny nerds, your big, strong jocks, the quiet kids, the emo kids, then everyone in between. Troye hated labels, but that's exactly what they were. Unfortunately, Troye had earned himself the label of "quiet kid" by spending all his free time in the library reading, only speaking to his close friends, and having nothing to do with clubs or sports or extra-curricular activities.
Then there was Tyler Oakley, who pretty much fell into his own, wonderful category. He was openly gay, like Troye. But Tyler was confident about it. He was the popular, cute, dreamy senior that smirked at him every time they saw eachother in the hall.
Of course, Troye and Tyler hadn't officially met yet. To be honest with himself, Troye knew that Tyler most likely didn't know of his existence. The ironic fact that there were only about three other openly gay guys around the school was like a big slap in the face to Troye from the universe.
He'd always wondered what Tyler would be like if he got to know him. He was sure he'd be sweet, and romantic, and subtle. . . .
Troye was jolted from his thoughts as his two best friends, Connor and Hannah, jogged over to him from the cafeteria hall. He should've known they'd wait up for him.
"What're you late for?" Asked Hannah, with a small indignant huff, but Troye knew she wasn't really mad.
Troye swallowed the piece of apple he'd been chewing."Woke up late."
Connor mock-gasped."But Troye! You're usually responsible!"
Troye sighed."I know. But just because I know how to act mature doesn't mean I like school. You know I'm not doing well grade-wise. Now let's go sign in before the bell rings."
The lady at the gate, a mean old woman called Gale, wasn't very happy that they'd arrived cutting it close on the first day of school. But today wasn't really a school day, kids were just going to their classes for the first time for practice. After that, they had the weekend to unpack and relax.
Troye, Connor and Hannah showed Gale their student ID cards, and she let them through with a disapproving scowl. Troye flashed her a sweet, toothy smile that disappeared as soon a the hag was out of sight. They heard the heavy, metal gates clang shut behind them, and Troye hurriedly lugged his suitcase towards the boys' dormitories.
The boys' dorm building was huge, but only a tiny part af the grand boarding school. No matter how many times he looked at its high pillars, its stain-glass windows shining upon cathedral shaped towers, it'd never get old. It was breath-taking, like a mini-castle.
"Why don't you guys have suitcases?" Troye panted, wiping sweat from his brow.
"Hannah and I dropped our stuff off yesterday, like most people."
"Oops. Hey," Troye paused."If you and I are rooming together, who's the third roommate?"
There were three beds to a dorm room. Most of the time, the third bed wasn't used, but every year at least five or six rooms had three people to them.
"Oh, I think we're alone, bro." Troye let out a sigh of relief. He was pretty socially awkward and he didn't feel like dealing with other people this year.
Hannah and Connor headed in the opposite direction to the classrooms as Troye went to put his things away. He waved goodbye, wishing he'd done like they had and dropped his things off the day before. But no, his mother had only come to re-register yesterday, nothing more.
It didn't take long to find dorm room 15, but Troye was out of breath by the time he got there. He was surprised to find that it wasn't locked, but he wasn't complaining. Now he didn't have to rifle through his keys and unlock it.
He opened the thick, mahogany door with his back, backing into the room and heaving his suitcase onto the bottom bunk of the bunk bed, since he figured Connor had already claimed the single bed. He clamped the apple core between his teeth as he sized up his sleeping space.
"Troye, right?"
Troye yelped in shock and nearly tripped over himself trying to spin around and see who the hell was lurking in his room.
He turned to see a boy with lilac hair sprawled casually on the single bed. Tyler Oakley. The apple core thudded to the floor.
Troye's throat went completely dry.
"So I guess we're roomies?"
Troye snapped his hanging jaw closed."I-I thought I was rooming with Connor Franta."
"Yeah," Tyler chirped, bouncing up off the bed and approaching Troye, who instinctively took a step back.
Regardless, Tyler held out a hand.
"And me, Tyler Oakley."
Troye didn't shake it. He felt dizzy; he was rooming with Tyler Oakley. He would be sleeping in the same room as Tyler Oakley. He didn't know if this was luck or misfortune.
Tyler wiggled his small fingers impatiently, but his face held a kind smile. Troye snapped out of his thoughts and shook Tyler's hand. He inwardly cursed; his hand was shaky and his palm sweaty. He let go quickly, biting his lip hard.
"And you are?"
"Troye Sivan," he said a little too fast.
"Well, Troye," Tyler placed a hand on Troye's shoulder, and Troye'seyes went wide."you wouldn't mind getting the top bunk, would you?" Tyler asked sweetly."It's just that Connor already called the bottom bunk, and I get headaches when I sleep in bunk-beds. You'd really be doing me a favor."
Sympathy welled inside Troye, as well as an overwhelming urge to please this boy with the purple hair.
"Y-yeah, of course. No problem."
Tyler patted his cheek, as if congratulating him on being a 'good boy'."Thanks, babe! You're the best!"
And then he left the room, skipping down the hall cheerfully.
It wasn't until Tyler was gone that Troye realized he'd been taken advantage of.
Tyler had realized that Troye was flustered by him, so he made suggestive gestures and played the sympathy card to get what he wanted. Troye should've known! Headaches from sleeping in a bunk bed? Who the hell has a problem like that? Troye felt like a complete idiot, flushing in embarrassment and anger. Tyler was definetely nothing like he'd imagined him.
He stood there with his mouth hanging open until the bell rang.
Shit, I'm late.