crossmare- jealousy

for Destiny_gone_wild60!

sorry it's so late oh my god, I had so much medical stuff for my stomach issues... because a breath test, blood tests, bloodwork, and x-rays are required for it -_- I'm actually in a hospital right now as I'm updating this lol

I'm sorry if I do some accidental foreshadowing to how crossmare met (well, my plans for it anyway)

Nightmare's POV

Ever since Geno started dating Reaper, Reaper's... allies have come to visit us once in a while. It's quite annoying, but Reaper makes Geno so much happier, so I can't really complain. Though Cross would agree with me, I still don't want to be rude. I'd be kind of a hypocrite.

I let out a soft sigh and pushed myself deeper into my boyfriend's arms. We were both cuddling on the couch- Geno wasn't home, he was at Reaper's house. We were watching Netflix on the TV (courtesy of Error dragging around some cables to do something with the HDMI... thing), but Cross wasn't really paying attention anymore. I couldn't really care about whatever was on the screen. I could be enhancing some poisons right now, but he gets kind of overprotective when I "overwork myself". It's kind of cute, to be honest. How much he wants me to just take a small break to spend some time with him like this. Cross picked up the remote and turned the television off, then shifting our positions on the couch so we were both laying down on the couch facing each other.

"Are you okay?" The corners of my lips turned upwards a little. His voice sounds so peaceful like this. It just makes me feel so... warm inside when he uses that voice with me. He only uses that voice with me, too. It makes me feel special for once in my life.

"Yeah," I murmured into his sweater. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my face into his chest. He snaked his arms around my lower waist, playing with the hem of my shirt. He smelled like he usually did- like fabric softener or dryer sheets. Like freshly washed clothes. I grimaced.

"You're not okay, Nightmare."

A small sigh escaped my mouth.

"I just feel kinda odd, with having Killer and Horror here. They're in the computer room." Cross groaned.

"Don't remind me."

"I know Geno felt awkward asking us for permission to leave them here, but we're the only ones here except for them. Error is visiting Ink for the first time, and Geno's out with Reaper... It feels kinda weird to be in the same vicinity as..." My voice trailed off. He rubbed circles into my spine as an attempt to calm me down.

"Yeah... it is kind of weird. But there's nothing we can really do about it. Didn't Geno say that their apartment burned down?" I nodded. Cross' phone started vibrating on the side table with a soft buzz. He grabbed it and tapped the screen, putting the device to his ear.

"Yeah? Geno, you know I don't want to. Yes, I know that you and Reaper pay the rent on this apartment- No, I don't want to be kicked out. I just don't want him to be alone with those psychos. Fine." He tapped the screen again and groaned. "Geno wants some help. I don't know what or why, but he wants me there." A frown crossed my face.

"Is it that important?" Cross rolled his eyes. I sat upright on the couch, wrapping myself in a throw blanket that was previously covering us both.

"Well, he was threatening to kick me out of the apartment. It better be." His gaze softened, then looking at me. "Will you be okay?" He cupped my face in his hands. I leaned my face into his warm palms.

"Yes."

"Good." He pressed a kiss to my forehead, then laying butterfly kisses all over my face.