Chapter Five

Hours later I woke up, I was still in the cell. The heavy door opened slowly and a different man in a black suit came in with a paper plate and cup in his hands. He put it down in front of me, never meeting my eyes who were fixed on his face. He turned around and walked out through the door.

"Thank you. Is it Tuesday or Friday? I don't even know what day it is.." I muttered and threw myself to the plate holding two sandwiches and some biscuits. The guard didn't respond and closed the heavy door. I emptied the water from the cup into my throat in one take, and happily savoured the fluid.

This ritual went on for two days. And I still had no idea what Moriarty was going to do to me.

John's POV

Sherlock bended over the microscope on saturday in the lab at St. Bartholomew's hospital, staring into it and writing things on a piece of paper next to it.
I was standing at the opposite side of the desk reading news articles on my phone. I found a nice story about a brand new museum and decided to text (y/n) about it. Maybe we could go there this afternoon?

A few hours later Sherlock and I were back at 221B. I didn't get a text back from (y/n), which was odd, she'd always reply after at least a few hours. I decided to call her, twice, but it went to voicemail.
"Sherlock? I'm going to check on (y/n), she hasn't responded to my calls." I put on my black coat because it was getting cold outside. Sherlock was busy setting up some sort of chemistry lab in the kitchen and replied with a short grunt. "Fine, but she's probably just too busy doing whatever a woman does in her spare time." I rolled my eyes and headed down to the street.

Arriving at her flat I pressed the doorbell a few times. No response. This was not a good sign, I stood there for ten minutes figuring out what to do next.

"John! Is she home?" Lestrade came jogging towards me in a long coat and a scarf, he looked worried to see me here as well. "What's going on?" I demanded, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "I got a call from the office telling me (y/n) hasn't come in for 2 days. They asked me to check it out but I can't reach her." Greg showed me his phone, he called her twenty times already. "Something's definitely wrong, we should go and see if we can find her." I replied. Greg nodded and started walking up the street while phoning his assistant.

Sherlock joined us at the police station,stating he had nothing better to do and was interested in a quick case. Greg was annoyed that the tall man with the cheekbones practically took over the entire case, but relieved when he pointed out that there would be at least one security camera capturing the whereabouts of (y/n).

After finding the footage we stood paralyzed in front of the screen. A man wearing a cap and a dark blue suit was walking next to her, (y/n) had a handkerchief in front of her face but was twitching with her left hand. "What is she doing?" Lestrade thought outloud, moving closer to the screen. "I think it's morse. Oh, no... She's spellingJ M." I spoke softly. Frowning, I turned to Sherlock who's eyes turned a bit bigger than usual and his mouth curled up. "Right then, the game is on." Sherlock started scrolling through the footage again, profound language escaping his lips because there was no other scene showing us where Moriarty took her.

"Bloody hell, this was footage from Tuesday. She has been kidnapped for three days now!" I shouted angrily. "Stay calm, she's trained with MI6. I'm sure she can handle herself."
Sherlock looked at the tape once more and headed off. "Fuck, this is a mess.But I'm sure we'll find her." Lestrade said to me in frustration, running his fingers through his grey hair. Shortly after that we left the office to discuss our next steps with the DI's team.