Return to Kakariko

" - And that is how I managed to single-handedly save your beloved Domain," Revali finished with a flourish. The children who had been listening to the Rito's tale cheered as he bowed.

"Did he really just refer to himself as the Hero of Winds?" Urbosa asked incredulously. It hadn't been the first time she had asked the question and Daruk didn't blame her. It just didn't quite fit Revali.

"Was I really that out of it during the fight?" he asked, face already forming a cringe. His memory had grown hazy not long after drinking the elixir he had bought from Beedle.

"That was one of the few things he got right, surprisingly."

Daruk groaned.

"Oh, stop you. It was adorable watching a giant Goron shushing himself repeatedly."

"I did what?"

"Well, Revali and I had to quiet you down so many times that eventually you started shushing yourself no matter how loud you were," Urbosa replied as she traced the lip of her cup with a finger. He disliked the poorly concealed grin on her face. "You kept putting your finger to your lips as though you were telling a child to be quiet, but you would be whisper- "

"I get it."

"You sure? I haven't even told you the best part yet."

"I'd rather not hear it."

"Since when are you such a stick in the mud? I can remember a time when you were so excited that you were willing to break our backs."

"We're still on that?"

"I made a promise, didn't I?"

"For once, I wish you'd break it."

Urbosa chuckled as Sidon appeared as if from nowhere.

"Thank you both for helping me protect my home!"

"No problem," Daruk replied with a grin. He frowned as Sidon gave him a funny look, as though the Prince wasn't entirely sure he was speaking to the right person. "Somethin' wrong?"

"Sorry. I just did not expect you to be so quiet."

Urbosa choked on her drink, causing both to look at her with concern.

"Are you well, Lady Urbosa."

"I'm fine. I just wasn't expecting my knight in shining armor to have a sense of humor after all."

"Your what?" Daruk asked.

"Um Lady Urbosa, as beautiful, wise, and kind as you are, I would much rather remain friends. I hope that you are not too insul- " the Prince paused as the Gerudo Champion began snickering again, "I see that you are joking again."

"Is this something that runs in the family?"

"No," Mipha replied quietly as she joined them. "Our father has an excellent sense of humor as did our mother."

"She did?"

"Yes. You probably do not remember because you were so young."

"Ah"

"Here's the question that's truly important," Urbosa interrupted seriously. Daruk shook his head. He knew what was coming next.

"Yes?"

"If your lack of humor isn't genetic, is your father's massive girth?"

"What!?" Daruk chuckled as Mipha stood there, completely flabbergasted.

"His massive what?" Sidon asked.

"Is weight going to be an issue? I know it may not be a problem here but if our little Zora Princess started putting on that much weight, that could make traveling" she set a finger on her chin as she sent Mipha a sly smile "difficult."