Chapter 8. Ross

"I'm home!"

Shelby yelled to an empty house, well not exactly as Ross was home.

"Cool."

Her cousin yelled back. Shelby laughed inwardly, placed her bag in the kitchen, and went to go see Ross. Entering the guest room, she found Ross on the floor, a blanket surrounding him, and reading a strange looking book. It wasn't like the notebook she had found, well not just her as Cory had one too. The book had a picture of Redstone on the front.

"Whatcha reading Ross?"

Shelby asked. Ross didn't look up.

"It's called The Redstoner. It's based on a Minecraftian Myth, that I personally enjoy."

Ross said, flipping the page.

"Oh. The one about the red sun, and the man killing all his friends, right?"

Shelby asked. Ross nodded.

"That's the one. By the way... I found this book randomly by the lamp along with a weird notebook. Did you get one too?"

Ross asked. Shelby gasped once she saw it. Right on the dresser was a brown notebook with a light blue heart on it.

"Y-Yeah. I did. Cory got one too. You said you got that AND the book?"

Shelby asked. Ross nodded.

"Yup."

Shelby picked up the notebook cautiously and flipped back the cover.

4/26

Shelby had school today. I decided just to play some Terraria until she got home. I heard she's going on a field trip. I think I'm going to bring Max along with me and go too.

Shelby placed the book down after closing it.

"Yup. Same book. Different entries though."

She confirmed. Ross placed his book down.

"So what exactly ARE these notebooks anyway? You said you and Cory got one, I have one, Max called and told me he got one too. These can't be a coincidence."

Ross said. Shelby shrugged.

"I don't know!"

She said. Ross laughed.

"Who cares! Let's get some ice cream."

Ross said, grabbing the notebook and The Redstoner as Shelby grabbed her wallet and her notebook, and the two left the house after Ross grabbed a key.

"This is good."

Ross said, as he happily ate his ice cream cone. Shelby was happy too, as she got some Ice Cream as well, and was eating it as well.

"No kidding."

She said. However, what happened next wasn't as good.

"Umm... Shelby... Is that car headed straight for us?"

Ross asked. Shelby looked up in alarm.

A car almost hit us today! I was so scared, however Cory protected me! He didn't look scared at all! Probably cause I can't see his face due to that mask he wears. 

"Run!"

Shelby yelled, as Ross and her ran in opposite directions, somehow keeping their ice cream on the cone. The car then crashed into the wall, and started burning up. Shelby could faintly smell the smell of Alcohol.

"Let's go home Ross."

Shelby said. Ross nodded, and the two went home.

"It's so weird! It's just like the journal said would happen, just... different."

Shelby muttered in her room. She opened the notebook to the next page.

4/27 

The trip has begun! I saw Ross and Max behind us, sneaky little buggers! Cory said he was going to show me something really cool tomorrow on Mt. Ebbot, so I'm looking forward to that. I saw Jin... he was being a jerk again. I don't like Jin. He's a jerk.