#6

Recap:

A loud crack and snarl jolted her out of her sleepy daze. Instinctively, she went to jump off of the swing, but found herself paralysed. It were as though she were being held in place by an immense force. A blurry figure made its way into her line of sight. Nova could feel her eyes expand to the size of saucers; staring down at her with a satisfied smile on his face was the previously comatose dragon she'd been guarding.

Fucktastic.

Chapter 6:

There inevitably came a time in one's life, where the world took it upon itself to entirely demolish any last, lingering ounce of one's pride. For Nova, this would be the very first time she had come across such a situation. She was utterly powerless, and that was terrifying.

"Hello there sweetheart, miss me?" He smiled down at her, looking immensely pleased with himself.

Try as much as she did, she couldn't move a single muscle. Nova was well and truly caught. She let out a savage snarl as her frustration grew with every passing moment. She was not a female used to being at the mercy of anyone else, she was powerful and in complete control of every situation.

"Aww, are you trying to escape me?" The man continued to bait her. A laugh escaped him as he eyed her silent struggles. A wide grin plastered across his face, he pinched her cheek as he baby-talked her, "I'm much too strong for that, no matter how much you struggle. The magic won't let you go."

Nova growled at him in warning, she could feel the hair on the back of her neck rising in warning. She was paralysed, otherwise the dragon would've been dead meat by now. He merely smiled in response.

Letting out a deep sigh, he walked around the porch, inspecting the valley view it offered. Nova could feel her blood boiling as he calmly walked about her property as though he had any right to do so.

This man was going to die by her hand. She vowed it.

The dragon made his way over to her and knelt in front of her. "Can I just say, you really make it hard for a man to track you." He laughed as he ruffled her hair, calmly ignoring her growls.

His happy-go-lucky personality was grating on every last nerve she had.

"I nearly got lost in some wilderness for hours on end. And then I ended up in a family home, probably yours, given the similarities of the life force signals. And then finally, here I am." He absentmindedly played with a strand of her hair. "And now that I'm here, I don't want to leave."

Let me go and I'll bury you under the fucking mountain. Nova swore to herself.

"You know such bloodthirsty thoughts might really make a dragon feel unwelcome." He tsked at her disapprovingly.

I'll bury you alive

A sly grin playing about his lips, he leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek. "Figured I've got to make the most of my situation, don't you think so?"

Jumping up on his feet, he backed away from her. As he moved, Nova could feel the paralysis magic around her face slowly dissolve. She could move her neck again, but her lower body was still frozen.

"What the fuck is this for?" She snarled at him.

"My protection." He smiled. Nova knew he was being deliberately dense, but she let it go.

"Why are you here, and what do you want?" She sighed.

"I am here for you," He nearly glowed as a smile lit up his face once more. "And what I want, well that would also be you."