#9

Recap:

That's a little bit of a problem, sweetums." Dom smiled his most dazzling smile at her, but could feel her total lack of interest. It was a blow to his ego he wasn't willing to dissect any further. "We'll get there in moments if we teleport. Otherwise we drive for about 72 hours and show up exhausted and annoyed."

"I'll take a flight."

"Yeah you will, sweetums."

"Don't you fuckin' da-,"

Dom smiled at her evilly and simply teleported them both anyway.

#9

Most people spent their entire lives fearing meeting someone more powerful than them, someone they couldn't overpower, as much as she hated to admit it, it was highly likely that she had found that person in her own life. Nova hated the fact that there was no way she could overcome the dragon and his damned magic.

She'd been teleported from her house to some random street in the middle of a city. Too weak to break the dragon's bones, she'd simply curled into a ball and willed the nausea and pains to pass. Her brain was sluggish and struggled to form coherent thoughts. Teleportation was so not her preferred method of travel.

Nova let out a weak snarl as a hand came to rest on her shoulder.

"Ah, you weren't used to this, were you? I totally forget you lesser shifters have no magic." Dom sighed. Nova simply gritted her teeth and tuned out his babbling. With each passing moment she was getting her strength and mobility back. The dragon rambled on not even bothered with her lack of response as he carried the conversation for the two of them.

Nova silently made a solemn vow to get even with him.

"Come. We have to go." The dragon moved her limp form into the passenger seat. He smiled to himself as he strapped on her seatbelt for her and ran around to the driver's side. Listless, Nova stared straight ahead. Willing her body to obey her mind. He sighed, warm hands reached out and adjusted her body deeper into the seat.

He turned her face toward himself, "There, now you have a view." A devilish grin on his face, he winked at her.

The car started and he pulled out into traffic. Zooming off to God knows where. He hummed to himself as they drove. From his side window, Nova could see they were moving away from the city center and into the suburban areas on the outskirts of the city. They were driving into mountains.

With her strength slowly returning, Nova managed to finally turn her head away from the godawful sight of the dragon. It was another five minutes before she got the strength to speak. "Where are we going?"

"To my father's den." He remarked absently as he navigated the roads. "I was going to teleport us there, but you and the car was a big as fuck load by itself. Got us as far as I could manage."

She could feel the energy and power flowing back into her veins with each passing moment. Slowly flexing all her muscles, Nova nearly let out a sob of relief. It was terrifying to be powerless over her own body. Her body was exhausted and shaking, so Nova let it rest as much as she could manage.

"Yes! The correct road!" The winged eyesore whooped in joy. " I rarely drive up here, so kind of rusty when it comes to directions. This goes directly to my parents house."

Oh well, it's now or never.

Nova unleashed her claws and dug them into his face. The car jerked wildly as he shouted in pain and surprise. His screams were music to her ears as he thrashed and howled in pain. The dragon tried his best to remove her from his face but she was pissed off and anchored in for good. He'd have to rip off his own fucking face to get rid of her.