NINE | 第九 | END

[ 사망 소식 ]
" DEATH NEWS "

REPORTING NEWS!

KIM YERIN, A HIGH-SCHOOL SENIOR, AT AGE EIGHTEEN, HAS BEEN REPORTED AS A LOCAL DEATH.

THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE GANGNAM POLICE HAVE PRESUMED THE CASE AS A SUICIDE. FURTHER INVESTIGATION WILL BE OCCURRING.

[ BONUS ]

sehun hadn't known about the fuss, over the death of yerin. his mind was in utter confusion, hearing the many speak about her.

" do you think it's because of sehun? "

" no! don't blame oppa. "

" poor child had to experience so much.. "

" i feel bad, but i barely knew her. "

he decided that the monstrosity was in his own situation. after school, he headed to mrs. and mr. kim's home, without a clue of what happened. feeling like he shouldn't come empty handed, he brought a bottle of wine for the parents. he went, and rang the doorbell, to only see a despaired, old couple standing in front of him. 

he bowed in respect.

" hello, may i see yerin? " he asked. the mother started to whimper, tearing up to the sound of her name.

" sorry, kid. i don't think you've heard the news.. " her father spoke up.

" what? what happened? "

" i don't think i can bear to tell you. you may go to yerin's room, but be aware that there's already a guest in there. " he mumbled.

sehun went upstairs, still oblivious to the whole situation. as he entered her room, he saw pastel walls, with a beautiful balcony. looking around, he spotted a guy. the guy heard his footsteps, turning around; to see a familiar face.

" aren't you the guy who liked that yumi girl? you rejected her, didn't you. " the odd guy whispered.

" y-yes.. " sehun mumbled.

" you bastard. you killed her! " the guy shouted, starting to weaken at the thought of her.

" what do you mean? i didn't kill anyone.. " sehun quietly questioned.

" you killed yerin. haven't you heard? she suicided. and it's all because of you. " he stated.
sehun looked at him, in total shock. he started to feel dizzy at the mention of death. yerin? suiciding? that couldn't have been. but, oh, it was.

just as sehun was about to storm out of agony, the guy stopped, and gave him a book— which had seemed to be yerin's diary.

" i'm haejun. lee haejun. please, read this. it's for her sake. and only then, will i ever forgive you. "

it was like experiencing a tsunami. his heart was shattered. he never knew of how much of a role he was in her life.

maybe he's only just realized his love for her.

but in the first place,

she didn't just wanna be his friend.