§ I. §

"We've gone way to fast"

"You don't want to drink that Jeremy!"

"WHY NOT?"

"CAUSE YOU'LL NEVER BE WITH HER," the voice shouted, pointing to a short girl who was smiling, a fake smile, most likely as the familiar blue tint in her eyes shown.

"You are the person I want to be with every day. And this is something that I've been afraid to say," The girl sang.

"T-that isn't C̛̺̞h̝̬͓̜̖͚͘͢r̸͉͈̹̯̞̭̞̠̲͝į̲̥̕͡s̷̲̝͇̜̱̦͝ţ̠̞̮͔͙͕͓́͞i̶̷̡̙̳n̢͚̼̳̪e̺̮͇͔̰̹͢͝"

"I assure you it is! Only her fears and insecurities have been removed!"

You're the guy I am so kinda into. The guy I am totally into. This feeling is new. Jeremy
I love you..."

"That's your cue," the voice in his head said once more before Jeremy looked at the bottle then up to the scribbled out girl.

"She'll do whatever I want?"

"That's what I promised!"

"Great," Jeremy said clutching the bottle as he brought it up to her lips, "Drink this."

As soon as she gulped, all Jeremy felt was pain in his lower back as he blinked for only a second to see himself drowning, in some sort of purple ocean.

~~~

Jeremy woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for whatever air he could grab for his lungs. He grasped the bedding as he did so, finding a stable ground as he relaxed. He breathed out, counting in a different language up and counting down in English, a thing that his best friend told him that helped when he hyperventilates. He eventually breathed evenly, looking down at his hands, holding the silk red duvet cover. Wait. Silk red? Jeremy clearly remembered his grey comforter. In fact, as he looked around, this room wasn't his.

This room was way bigger, including a ton of expensive looking decor. He was about to panic before a knock was played at by his door. He slowly got out of bed, making his way to the door, opening it. A girl, wearing a maid? outfit with her red hair tied in a bun stood there, smiling at him.

"Oh Mr. Heere! You aren't even dressed yet? Your father would be very mad if you aren't ready," she exclaimed as she made her way calmly inside.

Jeremy stood there blankly, "Wait. Ready for..."

The maid look at him in confusion, "did you really forget your ceremony was today?"

"... Ceremony?"

"Why yes. You are becoming king today Mr. Heere, you practiced for this moment for two weeks!"

"Wha...king!?"

The maid groaned as she neatly set a pair of clothes onto his bed, before rushing back to him,"Well hurry up! We have an hour dear and um, make sure you take care of your hair!"

With that, she left, leaving Jeremy a confusing mess in a gigantic empty room.

~~~

Jeremy nervously walked down the hallway, he couldn't help but feel...wrong. He gets that this should be cool! He should be having the time of his life, hell he's going to be a king! That's what every kid wants right? But this, it's so real that it's scary. Its scary how he's walking to his coronation where he will be heir of the throne, the throne which he doesn't even know.

He walks to were Nicole, the name of the maid that pushed him around to start getting ready, said to meet at. She basically reran the whole thing with him to make sure he was ready, it was easy but it was a first for him.

He heard the music start already which scared him as the doors swung open, meeting him with a whole hall of people sitting down and waiting for him. He put on a blank straight face, trying to not get his nerves to wild up from just people looking at him. He began to walk, his royal robes covering up all of his body as the ends trailed behind him. The stairs were short before he looked eye to eye to his father? His dad was here, well of course but he looked so real for this to be a dream. Is it a dream?

"Citizens of Middle Borrow,"

Oh yeah definitely a dream.

"Today is the day I will take my leave as king to this land. I have severed this land as ruler for many years and now it's time for the next generation. Prince Jeremiah, my eldest and only son has shown he is capable and strong to lead you all in good hands.
Jeremiah Will Heere..."

Jeremy tensed up, dropping down onto a knee to hide it as he looked a bit up to see his father grab a crown from a pillow.

"Jeremiah Heere. Will you swear on your life that you will protect this kingdom through flu to blood. Willing to sacrifice anything, even yourself, to keep your people alive and healthy through thick and thin."

"Y-yes sir."

"Jeremiah Heere, I lay this crown on your head as the new king of Middle Borrow," his father said, gently placing the crown over his head. Jeremy stood up as the crowd began cheering and clapping. All Jeremy could do was stand, wave, and smile as he sighed mentally...

This isn't a dream.