Part 2

Eva's POV

The rest of the wedding was fantastic! Everyone had a lot of fun and people thought it was the best wedding they have ever been to. That was very flattering for me. When we finally cut the cake, it was our favorite flavor...coffee and chocolate. I was literally obsessed with coffee and chocolate was Adam's guilty pleasure. The best of both worlds.

My friends were admiring my goddess-like dress and they kept on saying how gorgeous I am. It was weird hearing that because I was never called that except my mom.

"You look so dang gorgeous! You have the life I wish to have." A friend said.

"I agree! I'm so jealous. You have everything you could ever want." Another friend commented.

"Aw thanks guys. That means a lot to me." I told them.

"Of course. Anything for you." One said sarcastically.

Well that was rude but I shrugged it off.

"Remember the innocent little you? You were that quiet and shy kid but then we got to know you and we instantly became friends! You were not so shy after that." A close friend, named Janette, said.

"Yeah! I totally remember. They were good old times huh?" I stated.

They nodded their heads in agreement.

It was soon becoming late and our families and friends started to say their goodbyes. Adam was by my side when my friends started leaving. He's not a big fan of them which I can see why, but he tolerated them enough. They congratulated us and thanked us for such a great party.

Then one of my snotty aunts came up to us. I say snotty because firstly, they are rich and they brag about their wealth constantly. My mother and my aunt, who is her cousin, don't get along very well. I don't blame my mom though, I witnessed it.

She brought her husband, who is my mom's brother, with her. I would tell you a whole big history about them but you don't need to know it now.

"Oh Eva, you look so beautiful in that dress. I wish I had a wedding just like yours, but your uncle here is such a cheapskate." My aunt said.

Adam and my uncle laughed. I chuckled but I knew that my aunt was going to do something about it. Adam was oblivious, considering that I didn't tell him about her. I didn't want to tell him yet, I'll tell him later.

"You two look great together and I will be expecting a nephew or niece soon. So tick-tock lovely!"

My eyes widened and turned red as always when I am embarrassed. Adam's laugh turned into a chuckle because of how random that comment was.

" Well, have a good evening you two, and let's hope this marriage lasts." My aunt said right before she left.

Adam grabbed my hand, making them loose because my hands were in a fist. I didn't even notice.

"Don't listen to her. It will last, I know it will." Adam told me while smiling.

I nodded and felt the tensions on my body loosen.

My mother came up to us by herself with a big smile on her face. But then her face changed when she say how red my face and ears were. I get like that when I am upset about something.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked.

"It was Tía Roxanne." I told her. That was my aunt's name.

My mom was furious but it didn't show as much since Adam was right next to me. My mom politely asked Adam if she can pull me aside and of course Adam accepted.