Drink

Camila emerged from the bathroom thirty minutes later. Wrapped in the fluffy bathrobe and hair still damp, the rich girl walked right by Lauren  to the couch without casting even a glance at her. Lauren  made no comment. It wasn't any of her business if Camila  was acting like a petty, spoilt brat. As her bodyguard, what Lauren  was responsible for was her safety and only her safety.

"If you're done, I'll take a quick shower," said Lauren. Camila  didn't reply, so she went ahead. It was a quick shower, barely five minutes long, and Lauren  was back in the room, drying her hair. The rich girl in question was on the phone and shortly after she put it down, changed into a black and white outfit for the night. She curtly informed Lauren  about her plans for supper with her friends when Lauren  asked. And that was all the words they exchanged until they left the room to meet Camila's friends.

Down at the lobby were Normani, Dinah  and Ally  and they fussed over Camila  a little, which made her considerably more cheerful than before. Lauren  trailed behind them, keeping a respectable distance as they headed out to the supper place and did not join them at their table even though Ally  had invited her. One look at Camila's eyes was enough for Lauren  to know that she was not welcome and she had no wish to incur the unnecessary tantrum of a Miss Camila  Cabello.

Lauren  intended to maintain the status quo for the rest of the night out, staying apart from them, yet close enough to run interference should anything happen. It didn't bother her even though Camila's friends seemed uncomfortable with it. This was her job. This was what she was paid to do. However, it appeared that Camila's friends were insistent on bringing Lauren  in, based on the frequency of their eyes on her and true enough, Ally  came over to drag Lauren  to their table when they got to a new place.

"Come, sit," said Ally, not letting go of Lauren's arm until she was seated at the table with them. "We want you to join us."

"I'm supposed to be guarding Camila."

"You can guard her better now that you're closer, right?" Ally  countered.

Lauren  smiled. "I actually prefer to keep a small distance and watch the surroundings."

"But we want to hear about your heroic rescue," Normani added.

"We have to be sensitive," said Lauren, glancing at Camila. "She might not want to hear about the incident right now."

"Oh, that's true." Normani looked at Camila  apologetically as Dinah  smacked her arm in mild rebuke. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, I'm totally fine now." Camila's eyes met Lauren's. "Tell them. They wanna know."

With a shrug, Lauren  looked around at the eager eyes of Camila's friends. "Alright, since you said so."

¤¤¤

Soon, the girls were tipsy and merry, including Camila. But Lauren  remained sober, all the more alert and on the lookout. Unlike the clueless girls who believed that the men were simply robbers who were looking for cash and valuables to steal, Lauren  thought otherwise and although she didn't think they would make another attempt in Singapore, the last thing she wanted to do was let her guard down and allow something to happen.

It was about a quarter to midnight when Ally  raised her arm and asked that they return to their hotel. It was time to rest, she told them and insisted on ending the night out there and then. Lauren  supported the notion too and between the two of them, they managed to get the girls to go back. After all, they had a flight to catch the next day.

After sending Camila's friends back to their room, Lauren  found herself left alone to bring a tipsy Camila  back to her room. Tipsy Camila  had forgotten to be mean to her and was clinging to her arm like they were best friends. She was also giggling at random things like the elevator button that lit up when she pressed it and their reflection in the gold-plated doors of the elevator.