seven

i really love your comments, keep 'em comin - they make my day!

oh my god.

oh my god.

oh my god.

that's all that goes through my head as the troop and i walk up the red carpet of buckingham palace. i can feel my knees shaking and my breathing loudly. i glance up to the loomingly large yet approachable Lord of Leeds, and he smiles at me. i can tell that he's scared too but i return the favour before glancing to lettie. she's striding confidently whilst leading the group and a weight lifts off my shoulders.

why am i worrying? we're gonna meet the actual queen! this is incredible, kitty!

i pick up my shoulders and stick out my chest and hold on tighter to juno's leash. he looks completely unfazed and, frankly, like he couldn't care less.

we are so close to her majesty's throne that i feel like i might faint. suddenly, philip boldly strides up to her.

"your majesty," he bows. "may i present mr barnum." he gestures behind him and pt sheepishly peeks out behind him before bowing as well.

"it's an honor to meet you, your majesty," he says.

"the honour is mine, mr barnum."

then, he starts guiding lettie forwards for us all to be introduced.

well, here goes nothing.

——————————————————————

"my - you're smaller than i'd imagined!"

"well, you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart," replies tom.

oh my god.

there were a few seconds of stunned silence from the crowd and i tense.

thankfully, the queen starts laughing in her regal way and we all follow.

to be fair, it was pretty funny.

after tom has been introduced, i suddenly realise that it's my turn and i freeze.

i can't do this!

however, juno seems to have other ideas and quickly dashes forwards, nearly knocking me off my feet. i drop the leash as he bounds up to the queen and jumps upon her, licking her face.

to my relief, she starts smiling.

"are you giving me kisses?" she shrieks in laughter. juno then bounds back to me and sits next to me.

yeah, great job! i think, rolling my eyes. i then remember what i'm doing and curtesy just like charity had taught me.

"it's a pleasure to meet you your majesty," i say, and my voice sounds more confident than i am.

"don't be nervous darling," she smiles. "i've heard about your act, and it sounds absolutely marvellous!" i smile politely but on the inside i am jumping up and down with joy.

"i do hope you continue it in the future, as i shall have to pop down to see a show!"

———————————————————————

"that's jenny lind?" i whisper to prince constantine, the tattooed man. he nods.

"she's a singer in europe i think - opera maybe," i nod.

"she's stunning though, right?" he laughs.

"you're funny, kid." with that, i'm left alone to wonder. i don't realise i'm staring until pt catches my eye and walks over, jenny in tow. i blush and immediately start trying to talk to someone else to draw attention away from me. however, my plan is fooled when pt approaches me.

"kitty, this is jenny lind. jenny, this is kitty. and this," he gestures down. "is juno." jenny smiles and brushes her auburn hair away from her face.

"a pleasure to meet you,"

"you too, ms. lind."

"jenny is a europe-renowned opera singer, did you know that?" i shake my head.

"no i didn't, but i must listen to it soon!"

turns out, much sooner than later.

IM SO SORRY THIS IS SO BAD! this and the next chapter are just sorting out the plot so there's not plot holes, i hope you like it anyway!