♕ 1.4 Cure a Hangover ♕

♕ Jhanvi ♕

          Before it is five in the morning, I'm already awake. I don't have to go to work for three more hours. I try to go back to sleep, but my body wants to betray me. When I don't get proper sleep, I am cranky. I knew I'd have to try hard the entire day to not lash it out on others even as I get out of bed and decide to shower.

There are still things I can look into at the office. I figure I would get to work early and it'd actually be nice since no one will be there.

I get to the office close to six in the morning. Surprisingly, there are a few vehicles, cars and bikes, parked out front. I think they might be the janitorial staff before the regular office hours start. I make my way to the 28th floor and stop by the floor kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee as I walk down the hall to my cabin.

I place my purse on the desk and just as I sit, my eyes glance across to find a small glow coming from Mr. Raizada's room. It looks to be a laptop light. Curiously, I find myself walking out of my cabin and to his. I twist the door knob and find it to be unlocked.

I push the door in. The lights are off, but as I suspected the laptop light is on. I wonder how that's possible and walk further inside to turn the lights on. I hear a groan of protest behind me and twirl about to find him on the couch lifting his arm to cover his eyes.

What is he doing sleeping here?

He questions slightly irritated. "I know I told you to wake me up but do you have to turn on the lights?"

"Sorry," I answer and turn off the lights even though I doubt it helps much as it's started to get brighter outside.

He opens his eyes hearing my voice instead of whoever it was he was expecting. He turns his head sideways and eyes widen in surprise. "What are you doing here this early?"

"Jet lag." I answer politely. "Uh, you sleep here?"

He sits up pinching the bridge of his nose. "No, I have a video conference meeting. And now I seem to be nursing a hangover."

I remember his birthday yesterday and figure he must really have celebrated. I look down at the cup of coffee in my hand and offer, "Coffee?" He looks like he needs it more than I do.

He politely shakes his head, "Thank you, but I prefer lemon green tea."

"Does that even help with hangover though?"

He carelessly shrugs a shoulder. "Could you do me a favor?" When I nod he continues, "There's aspirin in the top left drawer of my desk."

I get the hint and walk over to the desk. I place my coffee mug on the coaster and get a tab of aspirin and bring in some water with it. I walk back to him to hold it out when my heel slips under the corner of the rug and I fall forward. The water spills all over him.

My heart jumps up in my ribcage at the sudden fall, but I let out a sigh as I find myself on the couch instead of on the floor in a nasty fall. Then, I freeze. It's not the couch but his lap that I am sitting on. I realize my hand is on his shoulder clutching his shirt in my fist. I let go at once and pull back. "I, am so sorry!" I profusely apologize.

He glances down at the wet shirt that is now sticking to him and then back at me with a raised brow, "Is this going to be a thing now? Am I going to have to keep an extra pair of clothes here to change into?"

"I'm really sorry. I did not..." I begin again.

A strange sound escapes him, a rumble through his chest that normal people would call a laugh. It is only strange because in the day of knowing him, he has been so professional that I fail to remember he is a person too and thus, must know how to laugh.